Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 26

Long day today. Long and hot. I am tired, sore and a bit cranky. But I managed to make it to the gym and eat reasonably. I misplaced my ear buds. I decided to get a spare pair. Retro style. I love them! Never did like the feeling of the earbuds in my ear canals.



I am going to post my eating and exercise log for yesterday and then call it a day. Need to wake up early tomorrow and open up the windows. The forecast is 100!!!

FOOD LOG 06/02/2016
9:30 a.m.: Earl Grey tea..Black
11:00 a.m.: 1/2 cup gluten free pastap spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, 2 small turkey meatballs, 1/4 T parmesan.
1:00 p.m.: 1 bowl mujadara (Lebanese dish of lentils, rice and caramelized onions),  1/4 cup Tzatzki sauce, 1/2 grapefruit with1/2 t sugar.
3:30 1 bottle kombucha iced tea
4:30 p.m.: 1 oz. "Smart Food" popcorn.
5:30 p.m.: 2 small salmon tacos on corn tortillas., 1 8oz. Glass ice water.
7:30 p.m.: 1 oz. Smart Food popcorn.
8:30 p.m.: 1 8 oz. Ice water.
9:30 p.m.: 1 bowl Puffin gluten free rice cereal, 1/2 cup almond milk.

EXERCISE LOG 06/02/2016

1:30 p.m.: 10 minutes stretching
1:45 p.m.: 15 minute walk to MAX station.
2:30 10 minute walk to library.
8:30 p.m. 22 minute brisk walk on treadmill at the gym(1.25 miles).
9:30 p.m.: 15 minute walk home.

Happy Friday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...