Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 197: The Princess and the Pee





Quite a long day. I am going to briefly blog while my daughter feeds Baby Gracie. It's just us girls again. Her daddy is out hunting.

Again, I have noticed how my granddaughter is good for my social life. After teaching all day, my daughter and Baby Gracie picked me up. We drove out to see my son, his girlfriend, and her mother. I had not coughed all day. Until the drive. Then I coughed and hacked for the entire trip.

Luckily I had picked up some lozenges earlier from the Chinese grocer next door to the church where I teach.  "Prince of Peace Honey Loquat Candy"

These are amazing!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DOAUY22/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511678394&sr=8-2&keywords=honey+loquat+lozenges


  I am really wondering if this is an anxiety cough.  Not sure why I was nervous. I know his girlfriend quite well. A very sweet young lady. And I had met her mother a few months ago. Also very sweet. But I had not been to their home. And it was dark, raining and heavy traffic. Worried a bit about the drive. My daughter is a good driver. Fear for our safety perhaps. They live in outer NE - Parkrose. We only had about 30 minutes to visit with them and then off to Vancouver we would go. To my daughter's church. She had a church meeting. I had Baby Gracie duty.

All went well. Actually a lovely evening
 Baby Gracie thrives on people contact. And I totally embrace my grandma role. I can move into the background and for once not worry about saying awkward things

Speaking of awkward things, I have gained a bit of weight. My clothes are too snug. I am proud to say that I am still hooping daily. However, I need to cleanse. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. My nerves seem to lead me to much binge eating.

Today was a bit better. Admitting it always helps. I've been transparent about my eating with my daughter. She says she needs to start eating cleaner again. We had spinach, mushroom, avocado salads for dinner. Topped with chicken and feta cheese. The dressing was a homemade vinaigrette. However, Baby Gracie had been fussy for several hours. When she finally settled down, we rewarded ourselves with buttered popcorn and ice cream!

Speaking of fussy baby, I hear her grunting
 I will have to end here and attend to her royal needs. We have been calling her the "princess and the pee" today. Princess Grace, it seems, will not tolerate a wet diaper for a minute!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita

P.S. My hooping video was taking forever to load yesterday
 So I leave you with two this evening: Days 159 and 160




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...