Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 53: I LOVE RESULTS!



Proud of self at HTB!



Today is day 3 of my alkaline cleanse. I am totally digging this way of eating!

I have lost 4 pounds and my energy is soaring!

I've increased my water intake.  My secret is to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with sliced cucumbers, fresh ginger and lime.  Everytime I pass through the kitchen, I pour a big glass of this lovely concoction.

My breakfast every morning has been oatmeal with quinoa, almond butter, walnuts, and dried cranberries.  I smear a bit more almond butter and a dab of honey on top.

Today for lunch, I even went out with my daughter and Baby Gracie to Hometown Buffet!

I am most proud of my self!  I had two plates of salad, a piece of baked chicken, some beans and a bit of fruit. And I was most content!

For supper I had pinto beans, steamed bok choy, a salad and a bit of chicken.



I can do this!  I may keep up this way of eating for the rest of my mortal life!

I think avoiding dairy works well for me.  Since I am not rewarding my taste buds with cheese, butter, sour cream, and fried foods, I am starting to crave the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I am still craving oranges. And earlier today I had the most magnificent grape!

My daughter and I went to the gym this afternoon. It was Gracie's first time in the childcare. She had a blast and we were able to work out for a full 30 minutes!

At the gym!
I have 5 more days on Prednisone and antibiotics. I am hoping and praying I am not on a Prednisone high. But if I am, when I come back down, I will be slimmer and healthier.

I fully intend to keep eating mostly fresh fruits, vegetables and legumes with a bit of lean meat thrown in for good measure. And oodles of cucumber/ginger/lime/mint water!

I love having a plan. Especially one I can stick to that produces results!

I LOVE RESULTS!


On that note, I wish you a blessed evening.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...