Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 52: Detoxin and Depoofin

I am feeling less poofy and more alive today!

Less poofy!


I can say one thing for sure, I am thankful that I started my Prednisone and Doxycycline Saturday, since I started my alkaline cleanse yesterday! 
I woke up Sunday morning with a head that feels 20 pounds lighter. I can breathe through my nose, my jaw doesn't ache and the rash on my chest has greatly diminished. Perhaps it's a combination of the Prednisone and wishful thinking.

For breakfast this morning I had a lovely of oatmeal with quinoa and nuts. I topped it with a drizzle of  raw honey. Who am I? I ate my oatmeal without butter! Without any type of milk whatsoever! On top of that, I had a cup of nettle tea which has no caffeine. And half of a sliced cucumber. And I made a pitcher of cucumber/lemon water with freshly grated ginger. I must admit, I am frightened. But that means that I'm on the right track. I'm afraid that I will give into cravings for meat four cheese for dairy of any kind for fried foods and carbs. But for the length of this blog, I have been fighting this cravings. And I am still here.  Fighting!

I felt so good, that I went to the gym before church.  My son-in-law had to work yesterday. He and my daughter and Baby Gracie had gone to Saturday evening service the night before.  After church, we mulled over what to have for lunch, considering my severe diet restrictions. My daughter had undergone a similar cleanse at the beginning of the year. I remember how much energy she had.  So she is partially going along with me on my journey.

She had a function for her work later in the evening, for which I was babysitting grace, so we opted for a little drive through healthy Mexican joint - Costa Vida.  I had a bowl with beans, lettuce, tomato, avocado and a few strips of grilled chicken. The dressing was a lovely cilantro lime vinegrette.  During this cleanse, I am supposed to be eating only fruit, veggies, legumes and nuts. So really, I should not have had the chicken.  But looking at the rest of my eating yesterday, I am pleased!

A most interesting development:  Since I am not eating meat or dairy, my cravings have changed. I found myself intensely craving a juicy orange!

Who am I?  I am not even remotely interested in a french fry!

My daughter and I hit the grocery store, stocking up on produce. My dinner was a lovely platter of steamed cauliflower, topped with stir fried broccoli, carrots, zucchini and red onions.

Followed by a heavenly orange!

I drank copious amounts of cucumber/lemon/ginger water.

For a snack I had a banana, and baby bell peppers dunked in a homemade yogurt ranch dressing.

Before bed, I had a cup of chamomile tea with ginger, lemon and honey.

I slept like a baby!  I am getting high scores on my CPAP app.  Last night I had a solid 7 hours!

I realize there is no "arriving" in this life. Only progress.  I've heard a pastor say that every 1 in 1 person is certain of dying. And I am not afraid of death.

But my goal is to make this life here on earth more enjoyable! And a happy, healthy me will hopefully impact all of those around me.

On that note, I need to get ready for my students.  Happy Monday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

And yes, I have a hoop video today!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...