Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 137: Walking Around Like a Gangster




I am having a good day. A very balanced day.  A happy to be alive day. A thankful for my life, my family, my friends, my work day.

I made sure to thank God for today. Which I do every day. But today I really mean it!

Maybe it's the warm drizzly rain. I feel like I can breathe deeper than usual.

I don't have much time to blog today. I am at the library, printing some sheet music for a student before I teach.  But I just wanted to check in.

I made a crockpot full of kofta kebab last night when I came home. I've been craving Middle Eastern food.  And I find when I focus on basic Middle Eastern ingredients:  lemon juice, garlic, parsley, etc., I feel better. I woke up feeling well rested and lighter.  My pants are loose around my waist (I can't find my belt, so I am walking around like a gangster, with one hand on my waistband!)

My granddaughter, Grace was in a wonderful mood too.  She loved the kafta kebob. Her mom suggest I put it on a skewer for her. Score!

She seems to have similar tasted in food to her mom and I. We tend to crave ethnic food, particularly Lebanese and Vietnamese.  Oh, and all three of us love artichokes! Have you ever seen a 21 month-old child eat an artichoke? We were all most impressed! Oh, and she also loves sushi. NO, we don't let her eat raw fish. She eats cucumber rolls.  She also like potstickers and miso soup. And she attempts to eat with chopsticks. What a kid!





Speaking of impressed, Grace wanted to exercise with me.  I bought her a little hoop of her own. She followed my instructions quite well!

I wish I could share more. So much more to say!

But off to work I go!

Happy Friday!

Talk Soon!


Love,

Zita


My phone has switched to B&W.  Not sure why!

Here are my Qi Gong/Hooping videos and Zma/Gracie Hooping videos!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...