Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 140: My Movement Movement!

Today is day 4 of making it to the gym daily!

I like keeping track of days. It tends to keep me on track!  Otherwise, the sands in the hourglass keep trickling down...

I am sore.  Quite sore. But it is a good pain. Not like a stiff joint, sore muscle, middle aged woman who eats too much, sleeps too little and worries a lot.

Muscle soreness from use!  And this from a measly 15 minute workout a day!

I might add that I am continuing to start my day with a short, 5 minute Qi Gong Breathing and Weight Hooping workout.

Then I add a little ballet with my granddaughter mid morning.

I am heading into Portland now, where upon debussing, I shall head immediately up the block for a brief gym workout.

I am feeling really good about this!

I must be having a good day. My fingers are flying across this keyboard.  People are staring. I am in the library.  I think they are jealous of my typing speed. Or perhaps annoyed at the racket my clacking on the keys is making!

Anyway. I am having a good day.

To put the cherry on top of the cake, I have a new book to read:

A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on her Roof, Covering Her head, and Calling Her Husband "Master"by Rachel Held Evans.

Yes, by that Rachel Held Evans.  The young woman who died recently in her prime.  This will be the first book of hers I have read.

I am pausing right here to say a prayer for her soul. And her family. So tragic that she died so young.

Speaking of prayer, I attended a bible study last night. It was amazing.  We are studying the Psalms. My favorite book in the Bible. I start my day every morning with.a psalm!

The study was led by the pastor of the bible church I played piano at last Sunday.  He translates every word of the bible. He has studied Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. He is fascinating. And he and his wife are really nice people to boot!

I am glad I went. I am usually teaching Thursday, but I took a few days off this week to rest and get some extra piano practice in. This is recital season! I am playing in a choir concert Saturday, leading choir sectionals Tuesday, playing in a church next Sunday, and hosting my own piano recital that evening.

I do these things better when I get enough sleep. And the extra exercise is doing wonders!  So much so, that I am finally eating better again. I am for now avoiding red meat, fried food, processed food, sugar and wheat!

But if I do have any of the above, it is in a small amount.  I am practicing portion control.  Food is the thorn in my side. But it doesn't have to be!

I am sticking to my Movement Movement.  Perhaps it will save me after all.

Not from death. That is inevitable. But save me from suffering so much in this life.  In the next life, I look forward to no pain and suffering!


On that note, I wish you a happy Friday!

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Zita
p.s. Here is today's Qi Gong/Hooping Video. Day 76!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...