Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 281: Yup, I'm Engaged!

 Hello My Friends!

I am feeling most accomplished. I am sticking to my blogging every day! Well, it's only 2 days in a row, but it's a start!

A journey of five years of blogging, begins with sitting my butt in front of the computer every day!

I am so happy I forced myself to blog yesterday.  Not only do I feel like I'm beginning to get back on track, it appears I have helped a few friends as well. And that is one of my goals with blogging. Not just therapy for myself, but hopefully by being transparent about my struggles, I can resonate with some of my readers.

I don't know about other people, but discovering a common struggle, I find, helps me feel just a little bit less alone in this world. And not quite such an odd duck!

I received several lovely messages from friends yesterday, sharing that they too struggled with depression.  Honestly, as we come through the Covid-19 pandemic, I think the whole world is experiencing a bit of depression and anxiety at some level.

I have had depression and anxiety as my side kick my entire life. When I was a child, I was labeled "shy". When I was a teen "low self esteem". 

I was quite aware of my oddness.  I read books like I'm O.K., You're O.K. and How to Be Your Own Best Friend beginning at about age 12!

I am feeling a shift lately.  I am feeling like I am  indeed OK. I am not odd, I am unique! And I rather like myself.

Wow? Did I just type that out loud? Who am I?

I am Zita. I am a daughter, sister, mother, aunt, great aunt and "Zma" (Grandma to two grand children with twins on the way!)

I am a piano teacher, a pianist, a blogger, a reader and a walker.

I believe in God. I believe in Love. I believe that God is Love.  

I love my family, my students, my friends, my fiance.

And finally, I can say I love myself!

I was going to say so much more. But perhaps I will save it for tomorrow.  It will give me a good reason to sit back in front of my computer. And perhaps a good reason for you to come back too!

By the way,  I am still chuckling at the replies from friends who read my blog yesterday, and exclaimed, "You're engaged?!"  

Yup.  He is wonderful. I can't imagine life without him.  There are speed bumps, but what road is safe without them?

Oh, and I posted notice of our engagement back in February on Facebook.  I've really got to start living in the real world more.  I apologize to everyone.  Kind of. But not really. We are older. We are stubborn. And we are getting married our way.  


I'll tell you more tomorrow.


In the meantime, Happy Saturday!

Love,


Zita



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...