Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 113: Call Me Shallow, But I Want to Wear Those Jeans Again...

I woke up very determined this morning. Determined to change.

Yesterday my daughter and I had a killer workout. I sweated rivers!  But I am not seeing the progress I would like. Especially in my core.

My daughter was happy to work my core. She is a pilates beast!

But I was just plain frustrated.  It is very humbling to try and do pilates with your beautiful 26 year-old daughter. Especially with so much extra blubber around my middle. And full length wall mirrors surrounding us!

I wanted to just sit down and cry.

I told her I like doing our sprint training. I can feel results. We walk briskly on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Then every 2 minutes we run as fast as we can for 30 seconds. We do this for 20 minutes.

If I can't handle the sprints, then instead of running as fast as I can for 30 seconds, I put it on as steep an incline as I can tolerate for 30 seconds.

It works well because, I can endure almost any torture for 30 seconds!

I also am increasing my weights. I enjoy weights. I like feeling strong.

But I think I really need to do the core work.  So my daughter and I had a heart to heart chat.

I told her my fears and frustrations.  So we are just going to add one pilates move to our routine.

You guessed it.

Drum roll please.

<
<
<
<
<
<
THE DREADED PLANK!

There is no escape. What I resist persists!

Also, I am listening to more upbeat music while I work out and throughout the day. I especially like working out and walking to classic rock, hard rock and 80's music.  Particularly Def Leppard, Van Halen and AC/DC! I hope I haven't shocked anyone.

I also have been cranking up the tunes around the house, dancing while I clean and walking with better posture, engaging my abs in all I do.

I am a woman driven to succeed! I know I have talked about exercising my body and mind. Growing spiritually, being kind to others and making a difference in this word. 

But do you want to know a secret?  Deep down I really want to get into a nice fitting pair of jeans again. And have a nice man take me to dinner. And not be ashamed.

Call me shallow.

Maybe it is a mid life crisis.


But this is where I'm at.


And frankly I am tired of carrying this belly around.

I am honestly just sick and tired of it. And mad at it!  It makes me feel like a dumpy old woman.


And I am evicting it!

I am giving it 30 days notice.  And if it is not out of here, I am giving it the boot!

You are all my witnesses!

Ok...I better sign off now. I am at my library office. And typing like a mad woman on this keyboard. Starting to get odd looks.



Happy Tuesday!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...