Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 95: Vinegar People

Still drinking my juice and vinegar tonic. I am trying it with tart cherry juice (no sugar added, mixed with apple juice) and apple cider vinegar today. I've adjusted the ratio: just about 1/8 cup juice over ice, fill the rest of the cup with sparkling water, top off with about three tablespoons vinegar.

It is tangy and refreshing. Plus, I seem to be feeling more balanced and less prone to food cravings.

I ran out of vinegar earlier. So I walked up to the little corner store. I was surprised they had it in stock. I told the young sales clerk about my vinegar drink. She was surprisingly very interested, even wrote down the "recipe"! :)

Nice to know there are other vinegar people out there! She even confided that she drinks pickle juice from the jar.

I stared at her. "I thought only my kids and I did that", I laughed.

I've been making it to the gym at least once a day, sometimes twice- I like ending the day with a swim and a hot tub. My aching feet thank me!

But I am extremely self-conscious of my swimming form, especially after watching some of the Olympic athletes. Luckily I am usually there late at night, and often have the pool to myself.

Simone Manual I am not! :)

This will be a short post today. I am on break between students.I need to get some piano practice in tonight.

I've not been riding my bike lately. I miss it. Now that my energy has increased, I plan on biking to work more often.

Once the hot weather breaks.

But now, the bus I shall catch!

Happy Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...