Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 120: Not Letting Go of My Stamina!

I'm cold. Chilled to the bone. I am wearing my winter coat in the library as I type this.

I am also tired.  I have one more student, then I'm heading home to bed early. I will be rising early tomorrow to head out to the church I'm substitute piano/organ playing for.

I had an epiphany this morning. I finally understand my mother's behavior. She is chronically early to everything.  Today I purposefully headed out much earlier than I needed to before teaching piano class. I landed at a Starbucks near the Portland waterfront. I had a black Americano. No sugar, no cream. And oatmeal. It was most enjoyable to enjoy the morning. I sipped and contemplated. I was in no rush, because I had over an hour before my first class.

I decided to eat some crow, and call my mother. I have poked fun at her all my life for her early bird mentality.

"I have adapted your system", I told her when she answered the phone. She sounded puzzled. I explained.

"It took you long enough!", she said sarcastically.

I deserved it.  Better late than never! Or should I say better early than late!

I also had a wonderful Qi Gong/Hooping session this morning.  I am increasing my time.  I feel stronger, more energetic and more flexible!


Although these predawn morning awakenings do cause me to crash earlier.

There is a saying though. "Early to bed and early to rise. Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!"

I must be getting old. I'm going to bed early. Waking up early.  And quoting old sayings.

Oh well, I am embracing my age and my gray hair. But I am not letting go of my stamina!

On that note, I must run. Talk to you tomorrow. Happy Saturday!

Love,

Zita

Here is my video. Day 42! :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...