Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 119: Small Spaces Do Not Scare Me!

Short on time today. I am here at the library printing recital music for piano students.  Then I off to teach.

I am keeping up with my daily exercise, reading and continuing to stay away from sugar, wheat and dairy.

I noticed this morning when I put on my boots that I had to tighten the laces.  My feet, which often ache and swell, have shrunk!

I'm also contemplating Martin Luther. I just picked up a book about his life from the library. I think I am I am rapidly becoming a Lutheran. More about that another time.

I also have discovered an interesting link between sugar and cholesterol. My mother and I are having frank discussions about nutrition.

I had two wonderful meals since I last blogged. One at the Veggie Grill downtown Portland:



Asparagus soup and kale Ceaser Salad at the Veggie Grill.




The second one at the Jerusalem Cafe downtown Vancouver:


Greek Salad with chicken and a Drop Top Amber Ale


They were both delicious!  I do admit that I had some wheat at the Jerusalem Cafe. I had pita bread and a beer. It's been a long time!  That was yesterday. Today I feel a tad sleepy, but it was well worth it!

The weirdest thing is that in the evening when I opened Facebook, a memory popped up. With a similar photo. I had been at the Jerusalem Cafe 7 years ago to the day with my son. But it was when they had a location in Portland.  I guess people don't change that much!

Had a stellar piano lesson with my new teacher. Then lunch at my favorite restaurant, The Jerusalem Restaurant with my favorite man, Andrew Jefferson. So far a very good day indeed! — at Jerusalem Restaurant.
On that note, I need to make like a baby and head out!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Happy Friday.

Love,

Zita



P.S. Here is today's and yesterday's hooping videos. Days 40 and 41!

A friend of mine asked me if they make smaller, weighted hoops because she didn't have much space home. I told her I didn't think so, but I have hooped in extremely confined spaces!

In the two videos below, I am hooping on the back patio, which is quite small. The grass is too wet, but I didn't get up early enough to hoop inside before my family woke up. But small spaces do not scare me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...