Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 155: The Return of the Rice Cake

"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13


Today was a good day. I had breakfast alone. It was refreshing to have some quiet time. I do cherish my weekly Saturday breakfast with my mother, but she had other plans. And I needed pondering time. I spent most of my time researching COPD, especially natural remedies. I reserved a few books from the library and downloaded a book on my Kindle.



In my studying, I discovered that Ginseng, Vitamin D and NAC supplements all had good results in improving lung function. I am already taking Vitamin D and Ginseng. I ordered a bottle of NAC online.

I drank my coffee black because dairy produces mucous. I also drank green tea with go ginger. I packed my lunch and I am now having a light dinner- a cheeseburger on a rice cake! I am eatig rice again. Still no wheat or corn. 




But rice works well on a budget. I am packing rice cakes, green bananas, nuts and tea wherever I go.

I am a survivor!

I had a stellar rehearsal with the chamber group I am playing a concert with next week. Practice and positive thinking pay off!


I also had a nice hoop workout on my break at the church.  Today is day 119!



This may sound odd, but knowing I have a fatal disease (albeit slowly progressing) has given me peace of mind!  Every day that I am alive and can breathe without wheezing and coughing is precious. We are all going to die eventually. But considering my demise is not scary anymore. I have led a good life so far. I have faith in God and look forward to meeting Him one day. I have a lot of questions that only He can answer! I just don't want my loved ones to suffer. So I'm going to fight for my life!

On that note, happy Saturday!!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...