Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 267: Pandemic Times, Day 16 - "Stay Home, Stay Safe", Day 4 - My Cave

Hello Friends!

Today is Friday, 3/27/2020. 12:40 p.m.

I'd like to start with today's stats again, as I did in yesterday's posts. 

561,965
Total Confirmed Cases
26,743
Total Deceased
(3/27/2020, 12:23 p.m.)


Compared to.yesterday:

500,669
Total Confirmed Cases
22,322
Total Deceased
(3/26/2020, 10 a.m.)

As you can see, global cases of covid-19 have increased by over 60,000 in about 26 hours. The death toll rose over 4,000 during this time period.

The United States holds the number one spot for the most cases, ahead of Italy and China.



Prince Charles and Boris Johnson both have tested positive for the virus and are in social isolation. I hope they hide the Queen!

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/uk-prime-minister-boris-johnson-self-quarantines-with-coronavirus/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons


As for me, I'm ok. I'm spending a lot of time in my cave, trying not to annoy my daughter and her husband. Quarantine can make one irritable! I actually love my basement room - when I finally get to sleep, I sleep deeply because it is so dark. Like a cave. I have my books, my piano, my hoop, my uke, and my tv with about 50 bus video cassettes I confiscated from my father's massive collection.



My bright spot, is my granddaughter, who always makes me smile. Every day she comes down to "Zma's room" (my cave in the basement) for a piano lesson. At 2 1/2, she is my youngest student!



I've developed a pandemic routine, so that I make good use of this time.

My schedule is something like this:

6 a.m. Wake up, drink water, check breaking news.
7:00 a.m. Consider getting out of bed
7:15 a.m. Restroom and dive back under covers for another hour or so
8:15 Get vertical. Make bed. Brush teeth. Qi Gong and hooping in my cave:


9:30 a.m. Tea. Clean kitchen. Make breakfast
10:30 Walk in park and video:
11:30 Read Bible, pray, call Mom
12:00 Lunch. I'm still trying to follow the monastery diet: 3 days a week vegetarian meals, 3 days a week moderate, 1 feast day. And intermittent fasting - no food after 5:00. Although truthfully I have been pushing it to 7:00. I've been quarantine binging. Sigh. Popcorn. Chocolate. Diet Coke. Probably why I am so irritable. Well, plus the confined to my cave most of the day!
1:00 practice
2:00-4:00 Skype piano students
4:00-5:30 Nap
5:30 Light supper
6:00 Piano lesson and playtime with granddaughter
7:30 Practice piano, read, journal, shower
9:30 T.V., check news, bed.

Speaking of schedule, I need to get some lunch before my phone chat with my counselor. Back soon.

2:55 p.m. I'm back! Had a nice, healthy lunch.
(Artichoke not pictured)

I just reread my daily routine.

Wow! How did I ever have a real job? That's a busy schedule! I think to get out of bed earlier.


Or forgo my nap.

Nah!

 I just talked to a fellow myauc teacher - He said he is busier than ever with lesson plans, study, online lessons, etc.

What will we do when thus virus is finally contained?!

By the way, Dr. Oz just predicted another 8 weeks of social isolation. Hmmmm..


Also, I just checked the nCoV2019.live site. In 90 minutes, see how the numbers have jumped:


I need to sign off now. I could probably babble on and on, but I would drive you all crazy - now you can feel my daughter's pain.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love, health and deep peace,

Zita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 201: "I"

Before my first meeting with "I" I had a wonderful first date last night! We had a lot on common. The conversation flowed easily. We laughed. It was so lovely, that I think I shall not blog about him. Not yet anyway. I am just going to call him "I". I like I. 😉 Today was a long, wonderful family day. Went to church with my daughter and son-in-law. Very powerful, uplifting service. After that we went to the horse races. Had a blast. Broke even. Essentially had a free lunch and four hours of entertainment. After the horses, we had yet another Thanksgiving dinner at my niece's place. It was her first turkey. It was amazing! But thank God I had enough willpower to resist the pie! Tomorrow I go for my first physical therapy appointment. Tuesday it is back to the gym!! Happy Sunday!