Skip to main content

Day 240: 240 days = 8 months! Measurements Do Not Lie! :)

January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016

 I love these landmark days. They motivate me to raise the bar a bit, but most important to stay focused on positive health and life choices. Looking back over these eight months, I see my biggest struggle is food choices. If Sigmund Freud were alive today, he would probably say I am stuck in the "oral phase" of my development as a human. I am still an infant!

The "Oral Stage (Birth to 18 months). During the oral stage, the child if focused on oral pleasures (sucking). Too much or too little gratification can result in an Oral Fixation or Oral Personality which is evidenced by a preoccupation with oral activities. This type of personality may have a stronger tendency to smoke, drink alcohol, over eat, or bite his or her nails. Personality wise, these individuals may become overly dependent upon others, gullible, and perpetual followers. On the other hand, they may also fight these urges and develop pessimism and aggression toward others." (http://allpsych.com/psychology101/sexual_development/)

Well then, I either have a lot of growing up to do, or a long life ahead of me!

But I have learned some valuable lessons along with identifying my weaknesses. Exercise needs to be part of my life. I wish I could make that period bigger. PERIOD. There!

So, I have my new stats for today.  I had some speed bumps last month with holiday eating, but I am pleased that I can easily get back on track!

Here are my first stats: (I actually started out several pounds heavier. I discovered my scale was wrong, but we'll go by what my blog says. The measurements don't lie though!)
 May 26, 2015
 Weight: 203
Neck: 15"
Chest: 47"
Waist: 41"
Hips: 48" 
Thighs: 23" R, 22.5" L
Biceps: 14" R, 13.5" L



The most embarrassing before pic! August 2014


 And here are today's stats!: 


January 4.2016
Weight: 189
Neck: 14"
 Chest: 41"
Waist:  37"
Hips: 43"
Thighs: 22.5" R, 22" L
Biceps:  13.5" R, 13" L


Happy, am I!

Happy Monday to you!

Zita :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...