Skip to main content

Day 261: Moving Beyond The Birthday Cake into this Glorious Day!

Hit the wall this morning. Like a stubborn mule. Tired, a little foggy, sad and lethargic. I will blame it on the birthday cake. I had another slice after dinner last night. So this blog will be brief. I intend to still stay with my routine in order of priorities despite the fact I stayed in bed far too long.

I did do my stretching this morning. My stretching music was "Concerto Antico for Guitar and Small Orchestra" by Richard Harvey.  Simply sublime. I am feeling streams of life trickle back into my sad self.  This tune come in at Number 282 on the Classic FM Hall of Fame for 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YERA6s4KoP0.

I opened up the curtains and gasped at the brilliant blue sky.  The weather is forecast to be clear and sunny with a high of 55!  Contrast this with our brothers and sisters on the East coast who are digging themselves out of a blizzard that dumped nearly 2 feet of snow in some places.  Isn't the weather trippy lately?

I think I will not dwell on my shortcomings today. How can I, with a sky so blue?  I will save my sadness and worries for another day.

I am going to do some piano practice and head to the trail for a glorious walk. Then I shall come home and pray and write in my prayer journal and have a nice healthy lunch.  Then out to teach piano!

Here are today's stats. I expected to gain a few pounds after my birthday dinner weekend!

January 25.2016
Weight: 188
Neck: 14"
 Chest: 41"
Waist:  36"
Hips: 43"
Thighs: 22.5" R, 22" L 
Biceps:  13.5" R, 13" L

January 4.2016
Weight: 189
Neck: 14"
 Chest: 41"
Waist:  37"
Hips: 43"
Thighs: 22.5" R, 22" L
Biceps:  13.5" R, 13" L
Slow progress is still progress.  I have not been to the gym lately. I have only been walking and stretching. I am still concerned about my sore left elbow. But it has been feeling better the last few days. I think I will go to the gym tomorrow.  I'd like to push forward!
After all, time does not stand still.  But today, I am breathing and enjoying this moment. My morning fog already seems to have dissipated.  
I recalled a portion of the sermon from the church I went to yesterday.  He talked about how our generation is so concerned with how we "feel".  Do I feel like getting out of bed? Do I feel like working? Do I feel like doing my chores or watching tv? Focusing on our feelings can lead us to an unproductive, unGodly life.  The happiness we experience from following our feelings is temporary. Better to focus on truth.  Old fashioned values like work first, play later.  Fill my mind and spirit with principles from the bible.



I ordered a book of 1,000 hymns from Amazon.com that arrived this weekend.  I think I will start each day with a hymn!  

Today's hymn is "Abide in Grace, Lord Jesus". Words by Josua Stegmannn (1588-1632), music by Melchior Vulpius (c. 1560-1615).  

1 Abide in grace, Lord Jesus,
Among us constantly,
Lest Satan's art deceive us
And gain the victory.
2 Abide, Lord, with the story
Of Thy redeeming love;
May we the Gospel's glory
And saving virtue prove.
3 Abide, our pathway brighten
With Thy celestial ray;
Blest Light, our souls enlighten,
Show us the truth, the way.
4 Abide with us in blessing,
Lord of the earth and sky;
Rich grace and strength possessing,
Do Thou our need supply!
5 Abide, our only safety,
Thy people's sure defense;
No power can withstand Thee
Divine Omnipotence!
6 Abide among us ever,
Lord, with Thy faithfulness;
Jesus, forsake us never,
Help us in all distress!

For now, the darkness has lifted.  

And I am going forth!

Happy Monday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...