Skip to main content

Day 257: Signs, Bone Broth and One Less Pound!


This is what's going on at my house! lol

Yesterday, I had a day off from teaching. I lingered over my blog and made a new plan yesterday.

Then I made a pot of tea and I posted a sign outside my bedroom door and got to practicing!

On a bathroom break, I walked out into the hallway and noticed a sign my son-in-law had made. LOL!  I thought it was eerily quiet in the house. My son was at work and my daughter was on a job interview. I thought my son-in-law was watching a game. Apparently we have inspired one another!

Here is my list of accomplishments for yesterday:

Piano Practice  2 hours
Breakfast, prayer and bible study 1/2 hour
Email 1 hour
Piano Practice 1hour
Trail Walk:  1.5 miles
Shower, etc 1/2 hour
Made Dinner (roast chicken and cauliflower!) 1/2 hour prep
Laundry 1/2 hour
Stretched 15 minutes
Dinner 1/2 hour
Made bone broth with the chicken carcass 15 min prep
Stretched 15 min
Made popcorn 5 min
Watched movie ("Still Alice"- loved this movie! I also started to worry about my memory, which has never been good!) 90 min
Ate popcorn, 15 min, and too many calories!
Downloaded a memory game on my Kindle 10 min
Played memory game 15 min
Read a book ("Then Sings My Soul: 150 of the World's Greatest Hymn Stories") 1 hour
Epsom salts bath 1/2 hour
Bed 11:30 pm

Today I am going to drink bone broth for breakfast, stretch and practice piano. I was so inspired from my reading, that I have decided to incorporate hymns into my prayer time. Isaac Wattss, who wrote "Joy to the World" wrote over 750 hymns, Charles Wesley wrote over 5,00!! Should give me plenty of material to wonder, sing and study!

On another note, (pun intended), I weigh 185 today! Even with popcorn!

HAPPY Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...