Skip to main content

Day 266: "All Day Long"





I am rising bright and early to make it to Mass this morning. I have been foregoing weekday Mass, because I am just too tired in the morning. Plus, I have been working on my daily piano practice.  I enjoy Saturday Mass the most anyway. A small, very devout group gathers.  A female lay minister presides.  We all join hands in a circle for the Lord's prayer. And we hug for the passing of the peace. It never fails to revive my faith in God and humankind!

Then I will teach piano and have chamber music rehearsal. I'm having lunch with my mom and teaching her a lesson too. My father is recovering from his stroke well enough to allow her some freedom.  He's been going to physical therapy twice a week and getting rave reviews. I do believe in the power of exercise!  My mom and dad are also receiving Meals on Wheels deliveries at lunch everyday.  What a Godsend this organization is. I was a volunteer deliverer in my early twenties. The people I served were so appreciative of a healthy, hot meal.

My parents don't cook much at home. I don't think my mom likes doing dishes. (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree there) They usually had at least one meal at a restaurant each day and often would go out for coffee as well. I think it was also a social thing for them.  Probably where I get my fondness for restaurants. Especially little family-owned joints where the servers always remember you!

Anyway, I think the healthy meals and exercise plus my mother's strict care for him is really perking him up. He had been fading for the last few years. Becoming more of a hermit. We thought that was what he preferred. But he seems happier now with all the attention. If we could just get him to get rid of some of his things! Ah..but that will wait. I'm glad he is feeling better.

Anyway, today is a busy day. I won't have time for a trail walk. But I will stretch before work and between students. And when I walk to the bus stop, I will do so briskly!

I weighed in at 185 today. Holding firm! :)
Hymn of the day:
AL"" Day Long", Traditional Spiritual. IT his one resonates deeply with me.
1. All day long I've been with Jesus,
It has been a glorious day.
I've just moved up one step higher,
And I'm walking on the King's highway.
2. All day long I've talked with Jesus,
It has been a glorious day.
It has moved me one step higher
On my walk along the King's highway.
3. Won't you come and walk with Jesus?
It will be a glorious day.
You can leave your sin and sorrow,
You can walk upon the King's highway.
Source: Baptist Hymnal 1991 #463

I am seeking a church pianist job to fund my camper-van project.  Either that or I shall have to win the lotte

Happy Saturday! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...