Skip to main content

Day 251: Sheep May Safely Graze



I am back to going through the Classic FM Hall of Fame for 2015. Afterall, they will be voting on the 2016 hall of fame soon!  I believe I played this one before: "Cantata BWV 208 'Was mir behagt' (includes 'Sheep may Safely Graze') by Johann Sebastian Bach. It came in at number 258 out of the top 300 for 2015. http://halloffame.classicfm.com/2015/chart/position/258/

I got a wonderful stretching session in with this music in the background. I am feeling somewhat nostalgic. Trying not to get trapped in the looking back mindset. But today it is bringing me peace. I am just rereading my posts for the past 251 days.  

I will be heading to the trail for a walk this morning. The weather is dry and not too cold.  I have been so stiff and sore and tired lately, that forcing myself up early for Mass and the gym is counterproductive at this point. I almost nod off in Mass, then need a cup of coffee or tea afterwards to perk myself up.  I often eat out, which is not so bad now that I am making wiser food choices, but still I could do better at home. Not to mentioned eating at home saves money. 

So I am back to rising early, catching up on the news, Facebook and email while still horizontal. Then dozing for a early morning nap. Finally arising. I drink a glass of warm lemon water, practice piano, stretch and then head to the trail.

After that, I shower, eat and pack a meal. Then head out to teach students. Not a bad schedule really. But I feel like the morning hours are wasted.  However, my body and mind are telling me lately that I need more rest.  

So I will take it! After the trail today I plan on coming back and doing some journaling and prayer. That should get me back on path.  The struggles I have with getting going in the morning seem to be connected with my emotional state. Worry, stress, fear, depression. They do zap my strength. 

I also think I need to do some stretching and music therapy before I go to sleep at night. I do think I am taking my tension to bed with me. I have vivid, strange, intense dreams. Perhaps they are wearing me out too!

Good. A plan. I do like a plan!

Off to the trail, am I.

Happy Friday! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...