Skip to main content

Day 267: Becoming Less Acidic

Extraordinary day in church this morning. And to think I almost missed it. I awoke tired, sore and cranky. And two pounds heavier. Arrrggg.

My desire was to stay in bed and "sleep it off". I didn't "feel" like getting out of bed, showering, getting dressed,etc. But then I recalled the words of our pastor last week (I am paraphrasing):

"I hear people say they don't 'feel' like doing something. Well, feeling is overrated. Be a seeker of truth!"

So, seeker of truth am I! I crawled out of bed and hobbled to the kitchen. I filled my thermos with boiling water and plopped in a Lady Gray tea bag. Typing this now, I am chuckling. Lady "Gray" am I with my undyed locks! :)

I set out for the bus stop. It was chilly and overcast. And as usual, info g praying to my senses. As was church. Which is more like a 90 minute bible study with a bit of prayer and hymn sing in thrown in. I hunger for this. I am so happy I battled the demon of sloth.

I am reassessing my diet. It has become too acidic. I am going to try and focus on alkaline foods this week.I am continuing to avoid processed food, gluten sugar and excess sodium, opting for whole foods. But I am going to decrease meat and "gulp" cheese. I am going to increase raw nuts,and legumes and vegetables. And water. I'm going to try and decrease caffeine. And I will continue walking, stretching and burpees. But soon I would like to make time for the gym. I need strength training. But I am a little concerned about my elbow pain. A nurse friend of mind told me to rest it for a little while longer. I shall. But impatiently.

I like my newly revised schedule of piano practice first thing in the morning, but I would still like to wake up earlier.

A work in progress am I! Speaking like Yoda am I today!

Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...