Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 292: Vesuvias Red

 Hello Friends!

I kept my word! I am blogging again. I hope to keep this up.  It is amazing how it keeps me balanced to get my rambling thoughts out on a regular basis. And if it is interesting or entertaining to only a few people, then I am happy!

Currently, I am sitting at my computer with a plastic bag over my head. I had an early evening - some of my evening students canceled. My daughter called me up to help feed babies. As we were sitting there talking about our day over the grunting, squirming, sucking and snorting sounds (I think they sound like piglets!), my daughter looked at my hair and said tonight would be a good night to use the hair dye we had ordered several weeks ago.

I have quite a bit of gray showing. I don't mind streaks, but I'm just not ready for the full blown gray look. Not yet. Not while I have still have a strapping 48 year-old man for a fiance!  I'd hate to be out to dinner with him and have people think I'm his mom!

Call me vain.  

Anyway, my daughter orders her hair dye online. She swears by the company. I was happy with the color last time. But this time was thinking perhaps I go a little more golden. I've been kind of a firy Viking red lately.

We looked at shades, but for some reasons I ordered "Vesuvias Red".  

I guess that matches my character these days!

Below s a before pic. I'll post the after tomorrow. In tomorrow's blog! So you know you will here from me then!




 

Yesterday I was going to talk a bit about my love life. I was saved by my daughter calling and telling me I had to come up and see the babies.

Yesterday was an amazing day for my grandtwins.  I was holding the heavier girl after she drank her bottle. She likes to lay flat on my chest while I lean back. Actually they both do. It encourages the release of gas and they seem to find comfort.  

But yesterday instead of snuggling, she kept writhing and arching her back trying to look at me. In fact, she wiggled so much she turned over on her back! I said "Yay!" 

I swear, she looked at me and said "Dah!"

Then the other baby turned over later.

But it gets even more interesting.  Yesterday, when my daughter called me upstairs, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like God flipped the on switch  in both of their brains simulataneously! My daughter and her husband were each holding a baby. On there chests. The babies were arching their backs and gazing intently in their parents eyes.  In wonder and awe.

It was a truly amazing moment.

Oh, but I was going to talk love!

I must say that I am a difficult person to be in a relationship with. I will be the first to admit it.  My family will back me up.

But as we head into our second year, I hope we can compromise a bit. I think I came into this with my head in the stars.  I felt like Cinderella at the palace ball.  

My prince had returned!

I spent a lot of time primping for each date. I was giddy.  A friend of mine said, "He is obviously quite into you, why are you trying so hard to impress him?"

That gave me pause.

I still do it though. The primping.  And my stomach has butterflies before we get together. I like that feeling. 

But this past year I have learned that I need to be more in the moment to enjoy a relationship.  I need to listen more. My man has been saying "Two ears, one mouth, Zita" so often lately I'd seriously like to bop him a good one!

But I am not a violent person. I just make a face at him.

He is much quieter than me. When he speaks, he usually has thought about what he is going to say.  For me, this is sometimes uncomfortable. Speaking of Vesuvias, when I talk, I am often like a volcano erupting, 

Just like this here blogging.  My stream of consciousness erupts.

It's not always a good thing.

So I need to exert a bit of self control instead of letting it all out.

But this relationship is worth the work. I realize I had been trying to help him, but I was really trying to change him to fit my needs.

The person I really need to change is me!

On that note, I wish you a lovely Wednesday evening. 

I WILL talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita

P.S. I'm getting motivated to lose these last 15 -20 pounds and shape up.  So the gym is on my agenda. So is more regular intermittent fasting!

P.P.S. I haven't shared a hooping video for awhile!  Here is my latest:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Three, Day 58: Marilyn Monroe's Measurements

Day 24 of daily hooping. I am determined to shrink these abs, if it is the last thing I do! Perhaps I should have that written on my tombstone: "Here lies Zita". Flat abs at last!! Well I certainly hope to attain my flat abs goal BEFORE I am dead and gone! Today's video was another rush job. But I downloaded some fun tunes to my Kindle last night.  I enjoyed my hoop session more listening to the Punjabi music. It reminded me of the "Maritime Bhangra Dancers".  If you haven't heard of them, you should look them up. They never fail to put a smile on my face! I am not smiling so much looking at this video. My hooping skills have improved a bit, but that menopot has got to go! After my hoop session, I walked 3/4 mile to the bus stop. I was planning on attending the 10:00 a.m. Mass at the Grotto, but it was cutting it close. Plus, I was feeling the need for a Starbucks iced tea.  Today was Iced Passionfruit/Black Tea, no sugar whatsoever.   The ic