Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 342: 54 Days IF/Water Fasting: The Veil Has Lifted!




Hello Friends!

It has been awhile! My last post revealed the return of a long lost love. A very special man who will always be in my heart. I have decided, after some soul searching, not to blog about this relationship. At least not now. Because I am living it! And some things perhaps I should keep private.

However, I want to shout on top of the highest mountain about the success of my weight loss program!

I have lost 10 pounds so far.  That is a big deal for this woman. Weight loss and me have had bitter battles.

But this regimen, I feel like I can live with!

In a nutshell, I do not eat any food after 2 p.m. most days. After 2 p.m. I only drink water and tea. Herbal tea after 6 pm. Some days, like family gatherings and/or Sundays or special time with my man, I give myself a "feast day".  I can eat whatever I want for as long as I want.

But an interesting thing has happened. I am usually not hungry after 2 p.m. 

Who am I?

I have spent most of my life with a bag of something on my lap when I relax to read or watch television.

And don't get me started about movie theaters. I think the biggest draw for me to go to a movie theater, was that big tub of greasy movie theater popcorn and an ice-cold Diet Coke. However, I rebelled against the prices ultimately and would smuggle in treats in my oversize purse. 

Shhh!

Friends, I think the veil has lifted. I see a long life of binge and comfort food eating behind me. 

Veil be gone!

I have torn the puppy to shreds!

Now that I have my eating under control, it matters not to me how fast the weight falls off. I prefer slowly, so I do not have old lady baggy, saggy skin.  Not that there's anything wrong with old ladies. Or baggy, saggy skin. But I prefer to fight that stage until my dying day!

Speaking of which, I hit a wall today.  Of the pandemic kind.  

I just suddenly was fed up with spending so much time in my basement room; teaching piano online, reading, playing my piano, doing work on the internet, talking to my boyrfriend...O.K. I will divulge one bit of info about the B-Friend. This is a long distance relationship.  Very challenging for this woman who feels like she has been awaken from a long (ummm about 10 year) slumber with the hormones of a teenager!

TMI? Sorry! Not sorry!

Anyway, I digress.  I told my daughter that I have had it with staying home! I heard one of the gyms I belong to (Planet Fitness) had reopened.  But we had to wear masks the whole time and the locker rooms were closed.  

I told myself I was fine with it. Just get me out of this cave!

So I went. Best decision in my life. And guess what? The massage lounge chairs were open!









This body is going to get beat back into shape if it kills me. And if it does, I will die with a look of victory upon my face!

Anyway, here are some before and after pictures.


Before 6/22/20

Before: 6/22/20


So Far! 08/13/20


I need you, my readers. How many of you are going stir crazy like me? And a bit lonely too?


Much love and peace to you all.


Talk soon,


Zita









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 248: I G T J!

I got the job! I had such a good feeling when I went into the interview. Lovely little church, really cool pastor (She preaches without her shoes! My type of woman!) I'll be the church secretary. It is very part time. But it will give me a little financial stability so I can breathe a bit! I will have to alter my morning routine. Eh hem, read that as WAKE UP EARLIER! Which I have been attempting to do since I have been writing this blog. Ok. Since I have been alive! Not a morning person, am I!  :) I am so happy. Because yesterday morning, there were so many hurdles getting to the interview, that I said, "God, I'd better get this job after all I am going through!" And He answered my prayer. Thank You, God. You are so good! But about those hurdles... First, I found out a MAX train had derailed early in the morning, which caused delays system wide.  That put a cramp in my commute, since the shortest trip to the church was to hop on Max to the mall and