Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 252: Feet Back on the Ground and a Little Spice in My Life!

Dear Friends:


The smoke has cleared. And suddenly Fall!

My favorite time of year.  The cooler weather, the changing colors and the hint of holidays before the weather turns. 

However, here in the Pacific Northwest, one cannot predict how the weather will turn anymore.

Last week seems like a nebulous dream.  I like that word. Nebulous.

And now that the smoke and fog has cleared, so has my mind.  

If I ever forget again, please, dear readers remind me that daily exercise is vital for my sanity!

I have resumed my daily hooping, Qi Gong and walking. I plan on doing some weights at the gym 2 - 3 days a week.

Without exercise, I take on a nasty, negative attitude. I do not wish to subject my friends and family to that!

So exercise I must!

Here are my last two hooping videos. 




 I am back on track with my intermittent fasting again.  I am eating within a 4 to 6 hour window and fasting between 18 and 20 hours a day. As usual, I need to tweek the quality of food I eat during my feeding time.  More fresh veggies and fruit. And during my fasting time, more water. I have been having trouble sleeping again. I wake up every few hours feeling most dehydrated!

When the wildfire smoke made our air hazardous, I was using my CPAP again. I made sure the water resevoir was full. But the last few days I neglected to put it on before I fell asleep.  I usually get deeper REMS with my CPAP, although I tend to tear it off in the middle of the night.  

Today, I am feeling really grateful for the air we breathe. It seems to be filling me with hope and a renewed zest for life.

I am still longing to travel.  But that will happen. My family needs me now.  My son will be released from prison soon. The prisons are still on lockdown, but I get to talk on the phone with him daily and weekly video visits. My granddaughter still depends on my for childcare. My grandson, who I have not seen much since the pandemic is visiting with his mom and her mom (his Nana) today.  

Although I still consider myself an introvert, the pandemic changed my mindset. I value my relationships more than before, even if I do need time to recharge my battery. It is easier to be an introvert during times of social distancing.  But even introverts need peoole!

I am still missing my boyfriend, but I am starting to settle into this long term relationship.  My mindset has shifting from pining and longing, to appreciating being loved and cherished, even when we are apart. I have even noticed that I can focus on other things besides him lately! I have a full load of piano students and the accompanying record keeping. And I am starting to actually play the piano again!

And I even got out my yarn and looms yesterday. I think I will start knitting again!

So nice to have my feet back on the ground. As for my longings, these are temporary situations. I will travel. I feel it in my bones. I will see my boyfriend again.  And I actually look forward to our phone conversations and little emojis we send to each other randomly through the day.

I do believe I have a little spice in my life! And today at this moment, I feel complete. 

This is a good place to end.  I wish you great peace, joy with a little added spice!

Talk to you soon!

Love,

Zita







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Three, Day 58: Marilyn Monroe's Measurements

Day 24 of daily hooping. I am determined to shrink these abs, if it is the last thing I do! Perhaps I should have that written on my tombstone: "Here lies Zita". Flat abs at last!! Well I certainly hope to attain my flat abs goal BEFORE I am dead and gone! Today's video was another rush job. But I downloaded some fun tunes to my Kindle last night.  I enjoyed my hoop session more listening to the Punjabi music. It reminded me of the "Maritime Bhangra Dancers".  If you haven't heard of them, you should look them up. They never fail to put a smile on my face! I am not smiling so much looking at this video. My hooping skills have improved a bit, but that menopot has got to go! After my hoop session, I walked 3/4 mile to the bus stop. I was planning on attending the 10:00 a.m. Mass at the Grotto, but it was cutting it close. Plus, I was feeling the need for a Starbucks iced tea.  Today was Iced Passionfruit/Black Tea, no sugar whatsoever.   The ic