Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 283: Zma Time!


Hello My Long Lost Readers!


Alas, it is I who have been lost! But with good reason! I am now the grandma ("Zma" as I am called) to four grandchildren!


My daughter gave birth on May 18th to two precious girls.  


And I am telling you right now, holding newborn babies, and seeing my loved ones in their faces is the best antidepressant there is!


I am on cloud 9.


And most proud of my daughter and son-in-law. My daughter, always the efficient one and a born leader, has the whole household on shifts. She pumps milk. Then she nurses one baby, hands her over to her dad, my mom or me to feed with a bottle. 


They were born slightly early, as twins often are, and are considered preemies. Although now, at 3 weeks and gaining at least a pound a week each, they hardly seem like preemies at all!


But I digress. I have learned there is a special technique for bottle feeding preemies. They cannot get too much all at once, so you keep the bottle level horizontally and make sure there is air in the nipple.


After the nurse and are bottle fed, we burp then, change their diapers and their daddy wraps themn up like baby burritos (err "swaddles" them).


Lately they have been eating more and are being more alert.  So when they get fussy, they get Zma time.  I sit on the sofa with my knees bent, resting baby at a slight incline on my thighs. Then I sing, talk to them and tell them stories, while moving my legs side to side.


Oh, how sweet and precious to see their eyes open wide, their little mouths form "Oh's" and hear then coo softly.


Their older sister is smitten and loves to sing them songs. Especially the ones I made up for her. Like the "Poo-Poo Ca-Ca Doo-Doo" song. 


Don't judge me. They love it!  And everyone does it!


So now that I am on a bit more solid ground, I solemenly swear to check in as often as I can.  My blog will be focused more on my role as Zma.  I have spent the past nearly 5 years working on my physical, mental and spiritual health.


I am pleased with my growth. And blessed that I am healthy enough to be able to enjoy this new era of my life.


Not only am I a Zma, but I am engaged to the love of my life. And since he is my fiance, he has instantly acquired 4 grandchildren. Talk about life changes!


On that note, I wish you a wonderful, peaceful, joyful day.


I have finished my Zma duties for the day and am off to visit my man!


Happy Wednesday!


Love,


Zita







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...