Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 327: Well Haired and Lyfted!

I just got home from choir practice. 

I took "Lyft"!  It was such an incredible experience!

I think absolutely one of the highlights of our new high tech world, is being able to order a ride on your phone, and have a driver pop up on your screen in your neighborhood, literally one minute later.  "Brad" arrived 3 minutes after I ordered my ride!

I opened the door and said, "Hi Brad!" He grinned and said, "Hi Zita!"

And such began a very cheerful trek home.  Usually choir practice night, I have a friend drive me home.  He is my car pool. He and another lady have been meeting me in the neighborhood of my last piano student Tuesday evenings for the past year or so. It is on their way, so they just pull over in the Walgreen's parking lot, swoop me up and drive me to choir practice.

When I was living with my daughter and son-in-law, I would usually take the bus home. But this winter, the weather was so cold and frankly, foul, that they drove me home too.

Then when I moved out to Milwaukie, I discovered the bus that lets me off right in front of the church doesn't run in the evenings.  But, there is that two minute walk to my church office job every morning that makes up for it.

But choir practice night is late. And tonight my car pool dude was flying out to South Carolina right after practice.

So, I got brave and tried something new. And I'm glad I did!

The ride was only just over $10.  I could easily spend that at lunch. And I got home safe and warm.  Lyft also does promotions.  Like, if my friends take a first ride using my code, they get $5 off their first ride and I also  get credit!  So, if you are so inclined:
 https://www.lyft.com/invite/ZITA17827?p=b

My ride was especially appreciated tonight. I am so tired! I did finally call my doctor. They set me up with an appointment Friday.  I actually took the afternoon off from teaching. My lingering cough has been kicking my rear end.

And I just was weary. I needed to pamper myself.

So after my church job, I came home, practiced piano a bit and then headed to the gym. I had a nice workout and then I colored my hair!  At the gym!  It worked out really well. I got the foam color, so it wouldn't drip and stain my skin and clothes (and the gym walls).  Then I sat and played Words with Friends while the color developed. Then showered and "VOILA!"

I went a little darker this time. More like my natural color.  I like it.  It makes me feel younger, spunkier! Depending on the light, it looks dark brown, or dark auburn. But most shiny! :) I needed some shine! 




On a side note, there is another bus driver!  He has been making interesting conversation with me the last week or so. I, frankly have not been encouraging him too much. I remember what happened with the last two bus drivers!

But, I am flattered. I told my daughter.  Casually, over pho.

I said, "Um, there is another bus driver."

Without looking up from her pho, she said, "Maybe we should color your hair?"

LOL!

She knows me too well.

Ok, well I am well armed now perchance I step on his bus tomorrow.

Or should I saw, well "haired".

Ok.  Most tired am I. Sounding silly.

I wish you all a peaceful Monday evening.

Peace is such a lovely word. And it was my fruit of the spirit today (from Galatians 5:22-23).

I will talk to you tomorrow!

Peace out,

Zita :) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist