Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 203: Pleasantconversationville

Another wonderful day!  The sun actually emerged for a bit, and I did not encounter any rain.

My mother surprised me this morning by calling and asking to meet for lunch.  We went to our favorite restuarant, Tom's on SE Division and Cesar Chavez.  I had the baked chicken and rice special. And Earl Grey tea. We had a pleasant visit before she took off to pick up my niece from school.

I ran into my friend "C" yesterday on my walk home. C is not from a dating site. He is a very pleasant, friendly man that I have been running into on my walks home since I moved into the neighborhood nearly two years ago.

I enjoy our random connections.  Last night he mentioned that he was worried because he had not seen me walk by in several weeks. So I told him about my back injury, my physical therapist, and her recommendations for exercise.  It turns out he has been lifting weights since his teens. We are about the same age.  He also gave me some good advice. Then we started talking food. He suggested looking at my fat intake.

Good advice.  I have been so focused on reducing processed carbs, that I have been having a meat free for all. So the baked chicken and rice for lunch was a good choice!

Today after lunch, I headed to the gym. I did some light cardio and the stretches my PT recommended. I felt good!  On the walk home, before I headed out to teach, "C" drove by and honked. I waved.

I like the casual friendliness we have.  I have been practicing the casual friendliness with everyone I meet. Including the men on the dating site.  I smile. I wave. I say nice things. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

I feel like the old, carefree, bubbly, friendly me has reawakened.  I read in a book years ago that we all put on masks that we show the world. A good mask to present is the  mask of "harmlessness". And perhaps not a mask at all. But a way of being.

I have another "C" friend. He popped up randomly for a text chat today. He kind of pushes my comfort zones with his texting. I have had to put him in his place several times. He is a professional bodybuilder.  A casual friend of mine from back in the day, when I was a single mother of teens.

But today, I was my old self. Bubbly, friendly, carefree. And we also had a very pleasant conversation.

I believe I am in Pleasantconversationville today.

I like it!

Happy Tuesday!

Peace and pleasantness,

Zita :)


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Two, Day 288: I Found a Place!

This is truly amazing.

God is so good.

All the time!

I posted on Facebook my housing plight yesterday afternoon. And so many of my wonderful friends had helpful suggestions. Several offers for roommates came in.  But most of them so far from my work.

Then, I was heading home after teaching and just felt the need to sit and think.  Of course sitting and thinking go so much better with a cheeseburger on a rice cake, and what do you know...there I was getting off the bus in from of a McDonald's!

So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, ditched the bun and plopped it down between two rice cakes (I always carry emergency rice cakes in my bags these days).

I opened up Facebook and found a message from the pastor at my church job. She and her family have a room in their basement that they have been wanting to rent. But they were hesitant to put up an ad. They preferred knowing the person.

And here I am!  This is a blessing in so many ways! I will help them by paying rent and being a p…

Year Three, Day 156: Thank God for COPD and 120 Days of Daily Hooping

10:00 a.m.

Today has been a very good day so far.

I am here at my daughter and son-in-law's church.

I have Baby Gracie duty. It is a pleasure! I had not seen her in four days. Such a difference those days made! I arrived at their trailer before church. I went straight to her crib and said,"Hi Gracie, your grandma is here!"

I scooped her up and noticed her looking intently up at my face. Like she was studying me. I continued talking to her and her face lit up with recognition!

My heart leapt for joy!

I danced with her around the living room, softly singing our theme song ("The Bunny Hop"). When I got to the "hop, hop, hop" part she would grin.

Earlier, I took the Max to Cascades Station. Had a cup of Earl Grey tea and a gluten free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. It was such a beautiful morning. Clear, crisp and chilly. Sun shining brightly.

I love this time of year!  I did cough quite a bit last night. The Prednisone has taken the edge off, but does …