Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 277: Bach and Pho

I had some "Bach therapy" between students yesterday. I played through several Bach Inventions.  I have been neglecting the piano lately. But my practice time yesterday was so rewarding, that I started considering making a youtube video of each one. More to come on that subject!

After a long day of teaching, I headed to Pho Vietnam for some "Pho Therapy". But I ended up having the shrimp and grilled pork over rice noodles. More like a salad than a pho (soup). But still therapeutic!

It seems that I am needing a lot of "therapy" lately.  Music therapy. Massage therapy.  Comfort food therapy.  Walking therapy.  Gym therapy.  Vitamin D therapy - the sun is shining at last! 

It is fitting then, that the fruit of the spirit ("But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."  Galatians 5:22-23 ESV) that I am focusing on today is faithfulness.   My gut feeling was that God is faithful and if I allow myself to fully trust in Him and follow His ways, it will ease my anxiety and need for all this comfort.  In a sense, I am quite needy. But instead of always seeking these earthly comfort bandages, I am learning to turn to the Almighty. Open my Bible. Study, pray.  This is the ultimate comfort.  I am still learning. A baby spirituatlly.

I looked up a few commentaries on Galatians 5:22-23. One I like is from Jesuswalk.com
"
"Faithfulness" (NIV, NRSV), "faith" (KJV) is pistis, "that which evokes trust and faith," here, "the state of being someone in whom confidence can be placed, faithfulness, reliability, fidelity, commitment."[259] It is also Paul's normal word for "faith," the "state of believing on the basis of the reliability of the one trusted, trust, confidence, faith," but in a list of virtues, "faithfulness" is more likely.
All the examples we have in the New Testament involve faithfulness towards God, that is, a person living out his trust in God over the long haul."  
(http://www.jesuswalk.com/galatians/8_fruit.htm)

 So I was on the right track.  The words "confidence" and "trust" stand out for me.  I do have issues with both.  

I am on my way to more pho therapy right now. And family therapy. My son is meeting me for lunch.  I am hoping to make it to the gym later on. 

As I stated in previous blog posts, I have put the gym on the back burner. I have a new part time administrative assistant job in the mornings and I am apartment hunting. But in lieu of the gym, I am walking faster between buses!  

But it is nagging at my conscious.  I know I will feel much stronger if I get back to regular weight training. So I will just keep nagging myself!

At least I have been eating very healthy lately.  Gluten free, high protein, veggies and fruit.  Lots of pho!  And today I brought rice crackers and cheese for coffee hour at church so that I wouldn't have to struggle avoiding the temptation of cookies and pastries.

I was not the only one thinking healthy. Because the table was laden with fresh fruit!

We are all a work in progress!


Happy Sunday! :) 

Off to Pho I go!

Faithfully,

Zita


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Two, Day 288: I Found a Place!

This is truly amazing.

God is so good.

All the time!

I posted on Facebook my housing plight yesterday afternoon. And so many of my wonderful friends had helpful suggestions. Several offers for roommates came in.  But most of them so far from my work.

Then, I was heading home after teaching and just felt the need to sit and think.  Of course sitting and thinking go so much better with a cheeseburger on a rice cake, and what do you know...there I was getting off the bus in from of a McDonald's!

So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, ditched the bun and plopped it down between two rice cakes (I always carry emergency rice cakes in my bags these days).

I opened up Facebook and found a message from the pastor at my church job. She and her family have a room in their basement that they have been wanting to rent. But they were hesitant to put up an ad. They preferred knowing the person.

And here I am!  This is a blessing in so many ways! I will help them by paying rent and being a p…

Year Three, Day 156: Thank God for COPD and 120 Days of Daily Hooping

10:00 a.m.

Today has been a very good day so far.

I am here at my daughter and son-in-law's church.


I have Baby Gracie duty. It is a pleasure! I had not seen her in four days. Such a difference those days made! I arrived at their trailer before church. I went straight to her crib and said,"Hi Gracie, your grandma is here!"

I scooped her up and noticed her looking intently up at my face. Like she was studying me. I continued talking to her and her face lit up with recognition!

My heart leapt for joy!

I danced with her around the living room, softly singing our theme song ("The Bunny Hop"). When I got to the "hop, hop, hop" part she would grin.




Earlier, I took the Max to Cascades Station. Had a cup of Earl Grey tea and a gluten free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. It was such a beautiful morning. Clear, crisp and chilly. Sun shining brightly.

I love this time of year!  I did cough quite a bit last night. The Prednisone has taken the edge off, but does …