Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 281: A Joyful Day and a Penguin Musical!

Having a good day today. Still feeling my allergies: Itchy, watery, poof eyes and sneezing. But not quite as tired as yesterday. The swelling in my lump (the lymph noted under my right jawbone), has gone done.  I still smell burning oil everywhere....that is the weirdest symptom ever. I know, I know. Dr. appointment will be made soon!

However, good news!

Drum roll.....

I made it to the gym!!

It was a short workout, but I got there!  I did 7 very vigorous minutes on the elyptical, bench press, shoulder press and lat pull down. 

I also managed to get one of my favorite comfort foods in the crockpot before I left. Tater tot casserole!

We are a gluten free household and I was horrified to discover recently that cream of mushroom soup has gluten in it, so I made my own! 

I layered tater tots on the bottom of the crock, topped it with grilled, chunks of boneless chicken breasts (I used Tyson frozen white meat, 22 oz), topped that with a 16 oz bag of frozen veggies, topped that with the homemade cream of mushroom soup, followed by a bag of shredded cheese (I used Lucerne "Mexican Style Nacho Blend with Jalapeno Peppers", 8 oz), covered in a layer of tater tots.)

I seriously am salivating as I type this! Can't wait for dinner!

After the gym, I headed down to play the piano for "The Penguin Musical", at an elementary school. A good friend of mine wrote and directed it.  First graders. So cute. And amazingly they memorized their lines. And there were MANY lines!

I am going back this evening for a performance for the families.

I am just so pleased with myself for putting one foot in front of the other.

And in fact, this is my "joy" day. I am focusing on a different fruit of the spirit each day from Galatians 5:22.  And I am indeed feeling joyful!

Happy Thursday!


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…