Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 197: A Super Good Day! (With Update)

Here I am again! Alive, and still kicking!

Actually, today I am having a super good day!  I have been having a lot of those lately!

First of all, I woke up and stepped on the bathroom scale. I did a whoop and a holler and a happy dance! My daughter came running with concern. She thought perhaps I had slipped and fallen.

Nope. But another pound of fat has fallen away!

I have officially lost 15 pounds since I have been following the intermittent fasting way of life!

YAHOO!!

I weigh 180. At my heaviest, I was over 240 lbs! Not sure exactly because I avoided the scale in My BBW days.

My original goal weight was 139.  My daughter says she needs to lose 15 pounds. Her goal weight is also 139. I think my daughter is highly competitive with me. She said 139 is too skinny for me!  She said I should make a goal of 165. Then work on toning up at that weight and make a new goal if I am still too heavy.

So we both have to lose 15 pounds. And I think I am also competitive. So we are having a contest! The loser has to go to the mall with the winner, buy her a massage and watch Grace during her time of pampering.

I like those stakes!

I think elation kicks in after 18 hours of fasting. Either that or I am in manic phase. The truth is, I have always like my manic phase. Maybe it is just happiness, joy, relief.  I am not sure. But I thought it best to record it. It is odd, I tend to not remember my manic times.  Because I am usually mildly depressed.

So next time I am down, I hope I remember to go back and read about this super good day!

Today is also the day of my son's girlfriend's baby shower.  I actually finished loom knitting two baby hats and three matching pairs of baby booties. Alas, I am at the library and didn't think to take pics. I will hopefully remember later.

I plan on making many more hats and socks. I think it is therapeutic for me. I pray with each stitch for the person I am creating for.

Perhaps this is why my mood is elevated. After all St. Paul does encourage us to "Pray without ceasing!" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

I will have to stop here. I am committed to daily blogging, so my blogs may be shorter. But I aspire to being a woman of my word!

I will talk to you tomorrow.

Blessings of Peace and Joy!

Love,

Zita



P.S. No hooping video today. But I walked a brisk 1/4 mile already!

Update: Got my hooping in - Day 147!


And here are hat and bootie pics for my new grandson!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...