Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 200: I've Had It!

I am fed up! I've had it up to HERE with negativity. I am fed up! Fed up with feeling sorry for myself and wasting my life! If I could, I would fire my pathetic self and hire a new me!

A tougher, stronger, more resilient, more positive me!

One that says "Bite me!" to depression, fear and anxiety. The me who us going to choose lifting weights, running, hard work and discipline over meds. The me who going to stop taking herself so dang seriously and have a beer and a good laugh once in awhile!

Obviously something clicked today.  After my counseling appointment. I wasn't expressing myself well to my therapist.  I felt like I was almost trying to convince him I was mentally ill.

He wasn't convinced.

I finally asked him if he thought I should take meds.

I told me no.

Honestly, I think I should have traded chairs with him today. He seemed like he was having a difficult day.  Patients lined up back to back, with hardly a break.  His patient before me seemed like she was having a serious breakdown.  They ran over time. He apologized profusely. But I told him not to worry, and to take as much time as he needed.

My heart exploded with compassion for him.

And I actually feel stronger. I went for iced tea afterwards.  And I had a bit of a pity party. Then I went online and saw all the craziness and utter horror that is happening to others and I got mad.  Mostly at myself.

Then I got out my Kindle and returned all my stupid cookbooks (I  have Kindle Unlimited - I can read up to 10 books at a time) and replaced them with positive thinking books.

And I told myself I am going to rewrite my life now!  Focusing on the GOOD and tossing out the bad!

My therapist actually said I am an intellectual.  I have an intense, emotional personality. And I am functional. And I am fine the way I am. We can work on how I respond to certain things, and overthink. But no need for meds.

I was first a bit miffed. But you know what? He is right. He is a highly intelligent man himself. We spend the first half of our session discussing the characters in The Plague by Albert Camus (it was my therapist who recommended the book).

It was an interesting discussion. But I admitted that I needed to reread it. I read too fast. And there is a lot of profundity in that book. He nodded thoughtfully and told me, yes, I should reread it.

And I am going to write my own book soon. Maybe I will start tonight. I think I will write  more than one.

Tired of being Eeyore! Because for me, the plague is negative thinking!

On that note, I need to race off to a meeting.

I will POSITIVELY talk to you tomorrow!

Peace and Love and Joy!

Zita





ON a very bright note, today is Day 150 of daily hooping!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...