Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 268: Pandemic Times, Day 17 - "Stay Home, Stay Safe", Day 5 - Paper Towel Bowling!

Hello Friends!

It is 9:31 pm Friday, March 28, 2020. My 16th day of social isolation.  I am feeling amazingly well. I think the extra rest and vigilant hygiene is agreeing with me. I have read somewhere that the covid-19 virus is considered an upper respiratory virus which can be prevented by washing hands with soap and water and avoiding touch the face, especially eyes and nose.

Of course, we have all been inundated by public health notices since the covid-19 was declared a pandemic, to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds in soapy water, avoid touching our faces and practice social distancing. But it occurred to me, many of us need to practice these methods even after this virus is contained. Especially those of us with lung conditions. Like me and my asthma.

I had a phone chat with my therapist yesterday. He said that one good thing to come from this virus is a global awareness. This is not just happening in a third world country, this is something the whole world is battling.

He also suggested I stop watching so much "Criminal Minds" after I told him about my insomnia. He suggested comedy. Amazingly, he also likes British comedy and suggested "Mind Your Language", which I had never seen.

I am still giggling after watching several episodes last night on Amazon Prime. You can also find episodes on YouTube. But I hesitate to provide links, because it is slightly inappropriate.

I need to sign off soon. I can't believe how fast time goes, while I am confined to my home! I actually feel that I am busier now than ever! My granddaughter and I had great fun making snowflakes, paper dolls and baby sharks out of construction paper, as well as paper towel bowling! I was going to do toilet paper bowling, but I feared a public uprising!









And the virus continues to spread, US leading in known cases.


And off to bed for me - much to do tomorrow!

I wish you all good health and deep sleep.

Love,

Zita


PS:  Here are the Bible verses I mentioned in my video:

Some Bible passages that spoke to me today:

Joel 1:2-3
"Hear this, you elders;
    listen, all who live in the land.
Has anything like this ever happened in your days
    or in the days of your ancestors?
3 Tell it to your children,
    and let your children tell it to their children,
    and their children to the next generation."

Luke 12:4-7
(NKJV)
4 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two [a]copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Psalm 57:1 (NKJV)
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by."

💕💕💕


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i