Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 270: Pandemic Times, Day 19 - "Stay Home, Stay Safe", Day 7:The Pandemic Wall





Joel 2:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Fear not, O land;
Be glad and rejoice,
For the Lord has done [a]marvelous things!
22 Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field;
For the open pastures are springing up,
And the tree bears its fruit;
The fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
23 Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the [b]former rain faithfully,
And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month



Hello Friends!


I have survived a whole week of essentially home isolation. The only place I go is to the park across the street for my morning walk.



Yesterday was rough. I suddenly hit an emotional wall - a wall of fatigue, depression, anxietyand despair.

A pandemic wall.

I finally pulled myself away from tne internet. I made a mug of lavendar tea, put on my jammies and crawled into bed. I binge watched a couple hours of my new favorite show - an older, Britis sitcom called "Mind Your Manners". Then I said my prayers and passed out.

It helped.  I woke up refreshed. And my new priorityi s to do something nice for at least one person a day.

I am still keeping a heightened awareness about the pandemic, but taking time to breathe in, enjoy simple life moments and remembering to exhale.

The virus continues to spread.  We are advised to continue staying home until at least the end of April.

The assistant director from the music center were I teach piano scanned and emailed me some sheet music for my students, Since I keep all my lesson books there at the center.

Cheesy Chaffles
I made a half dozen of cheesy chaffles for my daughter, who is on the keto diet.
It is her 30th birthday this Wednesday. Poor kid.  Born on April Fool's day an celebrating her 30th Birthday during a pandemic! My grandaughter and I made her a butterfly out of construction paper - I traced her hands on the paper for the "wings"> And I am ordering her and her husband a dinner from Uber Eats on her birthday. To be eaten in her room by  candlelight while babysit my grandaughter downstairs.

Staying home and saving lives is our moral obligation to our community. And if you get creative, it can be fun! Seriously!

Stay home, stay safe. And God bless us all!

Love,

Zita

PS: It is 9:38 pm. These stats are from 3:52 pm earlier today. I know they are much higher now. But I am not going to check again until tomorrow!

ncov2019.live/data




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist