Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 262: Pandemic Times, Day 11- Weariness of Soul

I am exhausted. It doesn't help that I wake up in the wee hours of the morning to use the bathroom (lol maybe that's where the expression "wee" hours comes from!)

But this is more than lack of sleep. My soul is weary.

I was at first on heightened akert when this virus touched down. I found it fascinating; not only the virus itself, but having read The Plague by Camus, I found myself particularly interested in observing how people reacted socially. Of course, I also welcome the chance to add the victims to my prayers. I tell people I stay informed so that I always have plenty to pray about!

Right now I feel like I'd like to.curl up in a ball and sleep for a very long time.

So I'll keep this short. Hopefully I will sleep through the night and wake up refreshed qnready to rumble!

The numbers are still climbing and some people are behaving badly. My stepdaughter, who lives in Tillamook andvcares for the elderly posted a passionate plea early this morning on Facebook. She was heading to work in the wee hours of the morning (I do seem to like that expression!). She noticed since the shelter in place suggestion by Governor Brown that the locals were staying home. But she was horrified to see a steady stream if cars, many with out of state licenses starring into the town, heading to the beaches.

I've been reading about college students on spring break flocking to Florida beaches, disregarding the social distancing recommendations. 

I figured this must be the spring break crowd heading to the coast. Many do this every year. But it bothered me too. Here I was confined to my home for almost weeks. And people were frolicking on the beach. I call "foul"!

I commented on my stepdaughter's post, telling her that was wrong. She told me coastal communities didn't have the resources for a coronavirus outbreak. She shared a video made by the mayor of Tillamook, who essentially told all the tourists to "pack their bags"!.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10219738060435390&id=1634695176?sfnsn=mo

A few hours later I read that the city of Mazanita and Warrenton had ordered all nom residents to leave.

I completely understand, but am truly amazed at how much has changed in our world in the last few weeks.

I just wonder if we will be permanently scarred.

Tonight my soul feels raw. I need to watch a funny movie, read and go to sleep.

I wonder if being confined to home for 24 hours is bringing me down. I did not get any fresh air today. I did a short Qi Gong and hooping session in my room, made bean soup, taught a family of four pianon lessona via Skype, visited with my son via video from his prison and babysat my grandaughter.I need to do some self care. Starting with early bed time tonight!

Here are current stats, showing the So read in one day:

312,962
Total Confirmed Cases
13,236
Total Deceased
(3/22/20: 3:15 a.m.)


322,705
Total Confirmed Cases
13,831
(3/22/20: 8 a.m.)
343,209

Total Confirmed Cases
14,730

Total Deceased

(3/22/2020 8:50 p.m)


Goodnight!

Be safe at home!

Wash your hands, and wipe down surfaces. New findings arevsayimg the virus can survive in the air and on surfaces:
A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center


Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i