Skip to main content

Day 10 "Walk on the Water"

I met a friendly duck couple on my run/jog/walk this morning.  They let me get up close enough for this picture. And they walked with me for awhile.

I am still tired and achy today. Even more so, because my muscles are sore from the gym yesterday.  Not complaining. Just observing. Actually, I would rather be sore from activity, than from an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle. Just saying! (Eh-hem...that would have been me over the last few years. Achy every morning for no reason, other than stress and eating too much of the salty foods).


Anyway, I am still working on the eating.

I had some tea this morning and a few bites of left over chicken sausage.

After the run, I made a really wonderful healthy lunch. I was happy to discover that both my son and my son-in-law had days off from work. I like to cook for others! :)

I marinated chicken breasts and drumsticks in Greek yogurt with chopped garlic, lemon juice and oregano. I let it swim in that while I went to the trail.

When I got back I baked the chicken for 30 minutes while I made brown rice, sauteed mushrooms and tabbouleh (without the bulgur and heavy on lemon juice). Then I broiled the chicken for about 10 minutes to get a nice crunch.

Most fulfilling! :)

My plan is now to head out to teach and maybe just grab an iced coffee or iced tea and some fruit later.  When I get back tonight, I'll have some tabbouleh and herbal tea.

Today's run/jog/walk was unique. I wasn't listening to the lyrics of the music quite so much. I was focused on pushing myself.  But as I headed towards home, the song "Walk on the Water" sung by Britt Nicole came on. (I had it tuned to 104.7 THE FISH) at that moment.  The lyrics hit me as hard as her sweet voice:
 
"Walk On The Water"


"You look around and staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under
You wonder
What if I'm overtaken
What if I never make it
What if no one's there
Will you hear my prayer
When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go

So what are you waiting for
What do you have to lose
Your insecurities
They try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes
And you can walk on the water too

So get out and let your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste, don't wait
And don't you turn around, and miss out on
Everything you were made for
Gotta be, I know you're not sure, more
So you play it safe, you try to run away
If you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go

So what are you waiting for
What do you have to lose
Your insecurities
They try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes
And you can walk on the water too

Step out, even when it's storming
Step out, even when you're broken
Step out, even when your heart is telling you, telling
you to give up
Step out, when your hope is stolen
Step out, you can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
So what are you waiting, what are you waiting for

So what are you waiting for
What do you have to lose
Your insecurities
They try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes
And you can walk on the water to."


Writer(s): Daniel Muckala, Joshua Crosby
Copyright: Wintergone Music, Rebel One Publishing


Happy Thursday! :)
I am still holding on!

Zita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i