Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 150: A Letter to R



Here is the letter to R I wrote early this morning. Ironically, his real name is "H". I think "R" is his player name.

Dear R:

Ok. You gave me an honest assessment of my personality yesterday.

I'd like to return the favor.

And stop this game.

And I think since I do not want to play the game anymore, perhaps I should use your real name?

H. I actually like that name.

While you have been observing me, I have been observing you.

I still have not figured you out completely.

I would like us to be friends. Not sure if this possible

Because in order for people to be true friends they have to reveal their authentic selves.

Otherwise it is just a charade. And I think we are all guilty of this. We try to put forth the person we want people to see.

Maybe we are alike in more ways than I care to admit.

I think I understand what you meant by my emotional instability. I do get hyper. My friends and family get annoyed with me. They say I don't come up for air when I get excited.

When I was younger people said I was "bubbly".

I only get like this around people I trust and care about. I think it stems from shyness. I am usually quiet, but when I let my guard down, I bubble forth. I am actually glad you pointed that out. I always want to grow and I do not want to be annoying or hurtful to others.

Getting to know you, or who you want me to see, has been a wild ride. I think you enjoy the power you have over women. You definitely have your text game down. But I want to go deeper. I am seeing that might not be possible with you.

You have several different personalities. And you are manipulative. I feel this strong attraction to some parts of you. Your game did hook me.

But it showed me there is more life in me than I realized.

I was kind of down before you came along. My bubbles had fizzled out. I was content to dive deep into my spiritual life, work and family. I spent a lot of time alone. Praying, reading, playing the piano, cooking, walking, helping people when I could.

I thought I was happy.

But then you awakened a beast in me! I do think I need to find some balance.

I need to come back down to earth. But I don't want to go back to sleep. I believe in God. But I don't think he meant for us to be alone. 

I would eventually like a man in my life to love. But for me, the love of that person comes first. I want to see the person below the exterior.

What I learned from you is that the body that houses our soul is also important. In taking better care of my body, I am nurturing my soul.

So I am going to date other men. I'm not sure if that matters to you. It does to me. I got so wrapped up in you that I felt guilty considering it. I am very monogamous.

It has been so long since I have been even interested in men. I was so overwhelmed by this powerful attraction I felt between you and I. It was like a drug.

I feel a little sad because I think deep down there is a sweet man inside of you that also wants to be loved. And that is who I want to connect with.

But I can't think of you as a love interest. Not while you are playing.

I need a man. Remember that song "I Need a Man" by the Eurythmics?

I need a man who can be my soulmate, my friend and my lover. 

And while I am putting it all on the table, you did hurt me when you said you wanted to go to the he river with me and then didn't follow through. Just like the canceled movie. It made me think you lacked integrity.

H, your game is hurtful. You use your looks and charm as lure. Perhaps to cover up your deep insecurity.

It is like you are fishing. Casting out the bait but then pulling your rod back in before you get a bite.

Anyway, bottom line is I am moving on. I have actually gotten a lot of male attention since you started working me. I think you have trained me in more ways than one! I could have a date with a different man every night if I so chose. I'm sure you have the same options.

If that bugs you, I am sorry.

I would like to be friends if we can be real. I especially enjoy working out with you.

But in total honesty, I need to find someone who can love my whole being. And be honest with me.


Zita

That felt good!

 I promised to blog about my "theory of 9" today, but I think I will wait until tomorrow. I need to go work off some of this emotional instability at the gym.

Happy Thursday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist