Skip to main content

Year Three: Day 77: My Blog is My Baby!



I had such a busy day, I nearly forgot to blog!

But, here I am! I had this vague uneasy feeling coming home tonight. Something did not feel right. I thought perhaps it was just stress. I finally got home and settled, made some tea, put up my feet and got out my knitting, exhaled and got comfortable.

Then I sat bolt upright.

MY BLOG!!!

You know I am distracted when I forget to blog. My blog is my baby!

Speaking of babies...

My family has a lot going on.  My granddaughter, Baby Grace is head down, and ready to make a landing here in the next month. And my daughter is nesting like crazy.

In fact, I spent a good portion of my day with my nesting daughter.

I got up super early, got in a little hoop workout and then hopped on the Max towards the airport.  I got off at Cascade Station. My daughter and I had arranged to meet there this morning. I walked right off the train and into the Starbucks. I got a piping hot, grande, black coffee for myself and an iced, unsweetened green tea for my daughter. She was at Target getting a shelving unit. To help organize the myriad of baby items, mostly clothes she has accumulated for Baby Grace.

That is going to be one well dressed baby!

She cruised over with her purchases and swooped me up from Starbucks and we drove over the river to her trailer home. And spent several hours putting together shelves, folding and organizing baby clothes.

It was a sweet way to spend the morning. But I was a little worried about disappointing her. She is counting on my help when the baby comes. I have been saving up for a decent car so that I can drive over to Vancouver every morning and help her with Baby Grace before my church office job.

However, summer has put a big dent in my income. As usual.  Well, even a bit worse than usual. My students are dropping like flies! I had several classes canceled. Plus, my allergies and wheezy cough has drained my energy.

Now my savings account has dwindled. I'm feeling a little panicky. I told my daughter I may have to wait until the fall to get the car.  I don't want to buy an undependable car and be stranded.  So I am going to try and get to Vancouver via bus. It turns out there IS a C-Tran bus (the Vancouver public transit system) that connects from the Parkrose Max Sation over the I-205 to Vancouver.

Problem is, it would not be possible to make it over early in the morning and then back in time for my office job.  BUT, I could go over several evenings a week and spend the night.

So we talked through our options. There are still a few puzzle pieces for fall into place.  Her husband's work schedule may also be changing.

So much change!

But at least having a plan that could work so that I could be there to help my daughter and get to know my granddaughter, while still making a living, helped my frazzled nerves.

After our morning nesting, we met my mom and dad for lunch at McGrath's Fish House. I was proud of myself. Even though my stress level was high, I did not comfort myself with food. I had a shrimp louis without croutons or bread!

Then my daughter drove me back to Cascade Station. I hopped on the Max and went to teach a few classes.

In the meantime, my son called to tell me he dropped his cell phone and cracked the screen.  My phone also has a small crack and is moving quite slowly. So I met him at the cell phone store after work and we bought two new phones. I made sure they put screen protectors and cases on both of them. And got insurance.

Of course, we both lost all our contacts, but it is so nice to have a dependable phone again!

Such a life we live these days.  We depend on so many gadgets!

I have a new laptop at my office job. It is so wonderful and fast! But when I go in Monday, I have to call the printer rep to come out and make sure my lap top is linked to the printer.

One step forward, and two steps back!

As usual, there is so much more on my mind. But to bed I must go! Tomorrow is breakfast with mom day and my daughter's baby shower!

Look at me, almost signing off... I almost forgot that today is Friday. And Friday is my stats day!!!


July 28, 2017

Current Mood:  6(On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being depressed, 10 being ecstatic!)
Weight: 181
Chest: 40"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 42"
Thighs: 21"
Calves: 14.5"
Biceps: 12.5"
Ankles: 8"

Compared to last week:

July 21, 2017

Mood:  7 (On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being depressed, 10 being ecstatic!)
Weight: 180
Chest: 40"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 42"
Thighs: 21.5"
Calves: 14.5"
Biceps: 12.5"
Ankles: 8"

I was a bit disappointed that I gained a pound. But, I lost 1/2 inch in my thighs. That belly fat is hanging on for dear life!  I am going to start working out harder this week after my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I really need to address this bronchial cough.  Morning hooping and daily walking will continue. Whole food, grain free, low sugar eating will continue. But I'm going to allow myself some potatoes tomorrow. During my 10-Day Grain detox, I was extremely low carb - no potatoes. But since I survived the detox, I am going to relax a bit. Still no food after 7 p.m. though.  We'll see how this week goes. Once I get cleared from the doctor, I'm going to go back to some serious weight training. I don't want to lose anymore weight without pumping up the muscles!
Ok...Now I really must depart.

I wish you a wonderful Friday night.

Talk to you tomorrow!
Love,

Zita
P.S. Today was Day 43 of Hooping!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist