Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 62: Going Grain Free! (The Beginning of the End of the Menopot!!)

Wow.

I feel like I just went up to a higher level in my personal growth.  Physically, spiritually and emotionally!

First of all, I went on Youtube and noticed that every time I used music for one of my videos, they tagged it as "Copyrighted Material". The note said it was ok, but the owner of the copyright had the right to post ads.  That made me quite nervous to have my videos tagged! They were my hooping videos and my piano videos!

I am still learning my way around the internet. I had never been to the "dashboard" of my Youtube account!

So, I cleared off all the copyrighted music. Youtube is quite pleased with me.  I clicked on "Copyright Notices" and only 7 of my old piano videos came up. I have them on private link.  I hate to delete them because I do not have a copy. But I will if I need to!

My conscience feels so much cleaner!

And speaking of clean...

My day took a big positive turn when I went on Facebook yesterday. I had joined a private "Wheat Belly 10-Day Detox" private group. I have read the Wheat Belly book by William Davis, MD a few years ago. It was near the beginning of my blog journey. A high school friend on Facebook recommended it after she read about my weight struggles.



I have been on and off gluten free since then. But lately, I have been stricter.  I've been consistent with my daily hooping routine, but I am not happy with my belly fat, otherwise known as a "menopot" which seems to afflict so many of us menopausal women!

So, I'm going grain free!  I've been visiting the Wheat Belly 10-Day Detox group for ideas.

Then I was looking through old pictures, and I noticed one from about 3 1/2 years ago, before I started this blog. I was living in Salem. I was walking everyday, but eating whatever the heck I felt like! Which consisted of a lot of carbs.  I could see a big difference in my face.

I posted that picture, along with a picture of my face (on a GOOD face day) that I took a few weeks ago, with this message:


"Hi! I have not posted yet in this group. I started weaning myself from gluten a couple of years ago, with a few relapses. But now proud to say I am essentially gluten free and about one month sugar free! I've lost about 30 lbs. I think it really shows in my face. Not bad for 55 years old and first grandbaby on the way! Blessings all!
Zita"




I posted this 20 hours ago. As of this moment, I have over 244 likes and many comments! I have never gotten so much attention! People are saying I look younger in the second picture, that I am aging in reverse!

I feel a bit guilty because this was a very good face day. Plus I took it at dusk,outside when the light is most flattering. 

But, I admit I do notice a difference in my face!
So I am going to take the plunge. I am going grain free!  

I have over 200 people cheering me on after all! Plus my pastor/roommate/boss/friend is grain free. She highly recommends it.

I bought Dr. Davis' 10-Day Grain Detox book. Downloaded it onto my Kindle. 



And inhaled practically the whole book over dinner. Which was grain free pho!! I ordered beef pho with no noodles, but added veggies. It was quite yummy! I really did not miss the rice noodles! ONE BIT!


This morning before my hoop workout, I took a "before" full body pic for the detox challenge, which starts next Wednesday. I have learned how to take delayed pics on my android!  You can see the menopot. I purposely wore my tight Snoopy t-shirt. 

I hope to see the demise of the menopot soon!!!!


Most excited am I for this next level.

And quite fearful - wish me luck!

Here is my breakfast:  Spinach topped with chicken breast, 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced black olives, goat cheese, kim-chee and pesto.  And black tea mixed with ginger tea and nettle tea.  I know. Sounds weird. But good! And satisfying! I can do this!!



I am really struggling with hay fever type symptoms and a chronic cough.  I hear that a grain-free diet could possibly help.

However, I took my blood pressure and pulse at the "higi" station at Fred Meyer's last night.  Good stats:

BP: 102/73
Pulse: 78
Weight: 185

Higi said I was "obese". Grrrr....I know! Don't rub it in!  But I am determined to conquer!

I am a living experiment dontcha know!

And on that note, here is my Day 28 of hooping video complete with NONCOPYRIGHTED, Youtube approved music!  


I wish you a wonderful Thursday!
Talk to you tomorrow!


Peace and love and all good!


Zita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist