Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 153: Bacon Chips! Keto Mania?

Day 3 Keto. I survived the keto flu.  I am down one more pound. My belly looks less bloated.

I am still practicing intermittent fasting. I stop eating between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. every night and don't eat again until noon the next day, unless it is breakfast with mom day.

From the time I wake up in the morning, until I eat, I consume much water. And tea.

I feel like I can stick to this plan.  And if I perchance should have an off day, it's easy to get back on board.

The keto lifestyle is a little bit more difficult. It is quite challenging avoiding carbs. And I personally do not care to consume too much meat.

I'm doing well so far. I think eventually I will transition to a whole food diet, allowing rice and beans.

What is interesting to me is that I am still cooking for other members of the household, while sticking to my regimen. But I cannot tell you how many times I almost put a morsel of food into my mouth as I was cooking. Almost without thinking! Luckily I caught myself.

I am guilty of many many years of compulsive eating!  You cannot put a bag of potato chips in front of me. I will not stop!

Which brings me to an extraordinary discovery - BACON CHIPS!!

I found the "recipe" on Pinterest. I mean, you pretty much chop up a bunch of bacon in little squares and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Not much of a recipe. And only one ingredient!

They are quite satisfying. I had a couple with dinner. And I was not tempted to eat more than a few!

I also made a lovely cream of broccoli/spinach/mozzarella soup using heavy cream. It was divine! And I discover avocado chips!  Another simple recipe:  Avocado, parmesan, lemon juice and seasonings.  They were good, but a little chewy. I used them as floaters in my soup.  Below are pictures of my meals for the day.


12:00 Meal
3:30 Meal 

Avocado Chips
I need to run now so I can have a little snack before my cut off time.

Happy Tuesday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita
OMGoodness. I look like I've had a wee bit too much caffeine here!  But I do notice less poof. Maybe I have Keto-Mania?



P.S. Here is today's hooping video. Day 88! Just like a piano! (88 keys)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...