Skip to main content

Year Four, Day 157: Day Counting

DAY COUNTING



Day 11 Intermittent Fasting.

Day 7 Keto Diet.

Day 93 Daily Qi Gong/Hooping

Day 1,252 This Blog.

Day 20,979 Of My Life!

Not sure when I became so obsessed with counting days. But there you have it!

And now I am fully immersed in the book, Tuesdays With Morrie By Mitch Albom.

If  you have not read it, you should definitely read this book. It does tend to put one's life in perspective.

I am having a relatively good day today.  Back in the keto swing of things.  I notice that I am not very hungry on this diet. Which is an amazing thing. I have been hungry most of my life.

Or what I perceive as hungry. I think it was mostly craving. Craving food as a substitute for love. 

Morrie is all about love.  Read the book!

Speaking of love, I took one of the most important people in my life out for her birthday breakfast. My mother. Her actual birthday is tomorrow. I don't think she really wants me to put her age out there for the world wide web to see.

But she is remarkable healthy for her age!

We had a grand time. And I had a scathingly wonderful keto breakfast!



After breakfast we went home and visited with my daughter and granddaughter. My mom then left to return to take care of my father. He has quite advance staged Parkinson's disease, so is not much into traveling these days.

Then my daughter and I took a little outing to the mall.  It was a nice, relaxing Sunday. I don't do much of that. Relaxing, that is.

Soon I will be working again on Sundays at my new church home. I am quite looking forward to it!

I am feeling the need to make more music lately. My heart and soul are aching for my family member in crisis.  Soon I will be able to share with you some of what is on my heart. But not until the case is closed. Sigh. How I wish to share!

But one of the life lessons I am learning is self control. Something I have lacked most of my 20,979 days!

I actually woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning and got my Qi Gong/Hooping in. I planned on making a trip to the gym, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I am needed at home to watch my granddaughter for a few hours. 

Since I fast in the evening after 7:00 p.m., sometimes as early as 6:00, I don't do well with late workouts because I fear the hunger!

I really need to get over that.

I was told to thing of my growling stomach as burning fat!

Anyway, that is enough insight into this pitiful life for today.  I hope to see the scale budge a bit more tomorrow.

But for now, I wish you and yours a wonderful Sunday evening!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita
Pitiful me! ;)






Day 93 Hooping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i