Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 256: "You Have a Job?" :)

Wow, it is so nice to get back to a somewhat normal routine.  Walk on dry pavement. Not wear multiple layers of clothing!

One of my students cracked me up the other day. I asked him how he liked all the snow days. He said he loved staying home, watching tv and playing video games all day.  I told him I got bored being stuck at home. I said, "I'm SO glad to get back to work!"

He looked at me with a perplexed look on his face. "You have a job?", he asked.

LOL!

You know you're doing something right in life, when people assume you don't work. You just go around visiting with people and sharing your love of music.

I do that!

I realized today, that in my own corner of the world, this is how I balance out all the negativity in the world. I just share what I know and love. And love the people I share it with!

Yesterday was the Women's March.  I was amazed at how it spread worldwide!
Saturday is my busiest day teaching, so I didn't even consider joining. But I felt a tad left out when I saw the crowds on the news.

But what has been bothering me is the hate speech.  Against our president.  Donald Trump. I refuse to call him names.  And I was horrified to see that some people had begun to attack his 10 year-old son, Barron.  Barron is the same age as the boy who didn't think I worked for a living.

He is a child.  He is an innocent.  I was happy to see Chelsea Clinton stand up for Barron on Facebook. I shared her comment and added my own.  I had been close to tears all morning. A heaviness in my chest and my head was throbbing. I thought the "D word" was returning. I kept praying, trying to keep my head up.  But when I saw what Chelsea wrote, the dam broke. I shed a few tears. But they were tears of relief.  I have just felt pain in my soul by all ugliness lately.

This is what I shared on Facebook. Before my nice cry:
"Barron Trump deserves the chance every child does-to be a kid. Standing up for every kid also means opposing POTUS policies that hurt kids."

Me:
"Amen Chelsea Clinton.
Since this boy did not choose his father he is an innocent.
Perhaps people could limit criticism to Donald Trump's actions, rather than call him names based on his appearance? One must wonder what example this sets for our children.
As a teacher, I have already heard kids say many hateful things about this man. Things they heard at home and at school.
Hate attracts hate. Peace and love will prevail. 💕

I am home now for the evening. I was happy to see a few "likes" on this post. I also had a nice chat with one of my spiritual mentors on Facebook.  She was warning people about trusting Donald Trump and just giving him a chance as president. She said we should pray for him, but watch his every move. Seek truth. I liked how she stated this without calling him names.  I told her I really liked what she said, but was frustrated and feeling anxious that there is so much false information being spread, I do not know what truth is anymore.

She suggested I just do my part in my own world.  Just like I was thinking earlier!

I am feeling much better now.

Perhaps part of this can be attributed to the fact that I actually made it to gym today!  A short workout before my students, but I felt energized and strong.

Tomorrow is the first day on my church secretary job.  I am looking forward to it.

But now, to bed I must go.

Happy Sunday! Keep on smiling!

Peace,

Zita


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist