Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 10: Salt on My Scrambled Eggs

It's Monday. You know what that means...

Monday stats!

 May 22, 2017 Stats
6:00 p.m. Mood: 5
(On a scale of 1-10, 1 being severely depressed, 10 being ecstatic)
 Weight: 188 pounds
Chest:   40"
Waist:    37"
Hips:      43"
Thighs:   22"

Biceps: 13"
Calves:   15"
Ankles:   8"


Compared to last Monday:

May 15, 2017 Stats
1:30 p.m. Mood:  3  
(On a scale of 1-10, 1 being severely depressed, 10 being ecstatic)


Weight: 190 pounds
Chest:   40"
Waist:    37"
Hips:      44"
Thighs:   22"

Biceps: 13"
Calves:   15"
Ankles:   8"


Happy Dance!!

I lost two pounds!

I lost one inch off of my hips!

My mood is great!

I had trouble falling asleep last night. So I did not get up at the crack of dawn and run as planned. 

So when I finally got vertical, about 8:00 a.m., it was too late to go to the track next door. It is adjacent to an elementary school. So the track is off limits to the general public when school is in session.

So I threw on my running gear, grabbed my coffee mug and walked a brisk 3/4 mile to the gas station for my black coffee. But, I did add some running steps: 125 running steps X 2!


On the way back, I walked moderately. Can't really run with a mug of hot, black coffee!

I am going to keep trying to get to bed earlier and rise earlier. I will conquer!

I rode "D's" bus today. We had a lively conversation as usual. I always enjoy talking to him. But not sure if we are "going anywhere", except for...err...the Clackamas Town Center Transit Center.

I keep tell myself, that male companionship is like salt on my scrambled eggs. I can live without it, but a little bit of salt, sure make those eggs more enjoyable!

I can certainly live without, but lately I am a little bit lonely.  A nice male friend, with the possibility of more for a cup of coffee, lunch or a walk would be nice.

But I do not want to force anything. So I will just let D drive me.  In the meantime I loaded the "Plenty of Fish" dating app on my phone.

I talked to a few nice gentlemen last night. But one perked my interest. His family is from Greece.  He told me I was the only woman he had ever seen on POF that had "learning Koine Greek" on her profile.

I am intrigued by him. I guess I need to keep my perspective. I do not need a man as a place holder. I am good alone, with family, friends, students, and God.  

But if there is a mutual fondness, and intrigue, that might lead to mutually enhancement of our lives...well, bring it on!

I am in my library office. It is very warm in here.  They have the doors open to create a breeze.  But I am not complaining.  I have many fond memories of lazy summer days spent inside the library.

But I must end it here. I still have some students to teach.  

I wish you a happy Monday.

Talk to you tomorrow!
 

Love,

Zita 

           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist