Skip to main content

Day 78 - 50 days of IF!

Homemade artisan pizza!
I am blogging from the public library today. One of my favorite places. Especially on a hot summer day!

I picked up a book I had on hold.  Ok.  It has to do with my Downton Abbey obsession. Now that I am about to finish the last season, I think I am just clinging for dear life. It is called The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook. Many of my favorite things in one package: Food, book, Downton Abbey. Sigh.

Speaking of food, this morning my daughter and I decided to make artisan pizzas from scratch. So while she went to the gym, I mixed up the dough and set it on the stove to rise. Then I went for my belly walk. I did one mile.  I listened to All Classical 89.9. They were playing a Haydn Symphony, which was very pleasant to walk to! I started the day with 20 minutes of yoga. For background music, I listened to Edward Elgar's 1st Symphony, which is number 285 on Classic FM's Hall of Fame. Lovely piece to stretch to! 

When I got back we prepared four different pizzas.  Two for the men in the house, with lots of meat and cheese. They both have naturally high metabolisms. Grr. For my daughter and I, we used a pesto base, with fresh greens, artichoke hearts, chicken, garlic and feta cheese.

Words can not describe the taste of this pizza in my happy mouth!

Today is 50 days of fasting from 7 p.m. to at least 7 a.m.  And it is really working for me.

Still struggling with fatigue, especially in the morning. I read the spirulina powder mixed with water first thing in the morning is a good pick-me-up.  So after I blog, I'm heading over to Fred Meyer's for some Spirulina and some sushi for dinner. I am also going to pick up some tennis balls. They are very useful for self massage. I have  a very stiff upper back. I plan on coming home after rehearsal tonight and laying down with tennis balls on either side of my spine, feet up and my Downton Abbey Cookbook in hand. Ice water in the other hand.

Happy Tuesday! :)


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…