Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 309: "Love Broke Through"

Most tired am I!

It seems that is how I begin my blogs lately.

I am physically, emotionally and spiritually tired.  I think I need to go straight to bed after I write this.

I allowed myself to sleep a little later today.  No exercise, other than walking to and from bus stops. Still, my daily walks total over 2 miles.  But once I get through this bleakness, I am going to hit the gym with a vengeance!

I had coffee with my family member in crisis. He has a new crisis that he shared with me.  It hurts my heart to see him suffer. There is so little I can do.  He is an adult.  I doubt he would take my advice, or if he even needs it. He just needs to be heard. And know I care.

But the anxiety popped up big time. All day.  Finally, I broke through this evening on my walk home. I was almost in tears. So worried.  Imaging the worst.

Then I took a deep breath.  Listened to the sound of my feet hitting the wet pavement. Felt the breeze in my hair.  Whispered a prayer to God.  And as I walked, everything suddenly seemed to get very still. And I heard a small voice from inside my soul say, "I will take care of it".

And I about broke down right there on the street.

"Thank you, God", I mumbled. "I can't do it alone."

And that is where faith comes in.  Letting go and letting God as the popular saying goes.   I really got that this evening. On a deep level.  Hard to put into words.

Funny thing. Coincidentally (or not) in my daily bible reading, I am in Exodus 15. (This is my third time reading the bible daily all the way from the beginning to the end. It brings me great comfort.)

In Exodus 15  the Israelites are complaining to Moses in the desert that they have no water to drink.  The only water they found was too bitter to drink. So Moses cries out to God. God tells Moses to throw a piece of wood in the the water. The water became sweet and they were able to drink.

Then God said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

These words are like a soothing balm to the ragged edges of my soul.  Everyday I pray for stronger faith.  I am like the Israelites. Wandering through the desert. Complaining. Not trusting.  But for me, the desert is of my own making.

This is so weird, just after I typed this, I heard the lyrics from a song on the radio (K-Love)
"...When broke through, I was wandering through the desert...I was a hopeless fool, now I'm hopelessly devoted. My chains are broken...I did all I could to undo me, but you loved me enough to pursue me..."

GOOSEBUMP TIME!

I need to look up that song.   BRB.

Ok, it is called "Love Broke Through" by Toby Mac. Wow.  Take a look at these lyrics:


"Love Broke Through", Toby Mac (via K-Love)

Verse 1

I was feelin’ that, feelin’ that breeze
Singin’ like a song thru the tall oak trees
It was just another summer night
Had to be the last thing on my mind
Yeah, I was all but lost in the moment
I was young and runnin’ wide open
It was just another summer night
Had to be the last thing on my mind

Chorus

When love broke thru
You found me in the darkness
Wanderin’ thru the desert
I was a hopeless fool
Now I’m hopelessly devoted
My chains are broken
And it all began with You
When love broke thru

Verse 2

I did all that I could to undo me
But You loved me enough to pursue me
Yeah, You drew me out of the shadows
Made me believe that I mattered, to You (You)
You were there, You heard my prayer in that broke down dusty room
It was the first time I said, “I’m Yours”
The first time I called You Lord..."

Publishing: 2015 Achtober Songs/Meaux Mercy/Moody Producer Music (BMI)/Capitol CMG Genesis/TrueMuse (Admin. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com)/Bartlandia/ Simple Tense Songs (ASCAP)

Writer(s): Toby McKeehan, Christopher Stevens, Bart Millard and Bryan Fowler
Ok. The weight has lifted.  I am looking forward tomorrow.

Tomorrow is breakfast with Mom day. I always look forward to it. Lately we have had other random members of the family show up. It is kind of like an episode of Seinfeld.  I love it.

Then I teach all day.

After my teaching, instead of going out to dinner and sitting and thinking too much, as usual, my plan is to go to my storage facility.

In know, "Woot Woot!" Such fun on a Saturday night!

But I am quite looking forward to it.  I bought a can of those moisture eliminating pellets. I'm going to put that in my storage unit so I can take my books out and put them on the shelves. I don't like having them all cooped up in boxes and plastic bins. I want to be able to go look through them. And use them. My music too.

And I am still looking for that library book! Doesn't it bug you no end to lose something?

I have always struggled with my memory and focus. I can't imagine what I'll be like when I am a grandma!

Speaking of memory, I made a goal today.  I am considering playing the piano in the annual faculty fundraiser at the music center this spring. I haven't played for the last several years. Life was complicated. And I still have a bit of stage fright if I do not feel prepared.

So, I am going to memorize one of my favorite piano pieces.  A Chopin Nocturne. It is lovely, and not too long.  I am going to practice it until I can play it by memory. If I can master it by memory in the next few weeks, I will sign up to play.

If not, I will continue to work on it (along with a couple of other favorites).

One of my pet peeves about myself has been my inability (or refusal) to play the piano with the sheet music in front of me.  A bit of a handicap, in my opinion.

So, I am conquering things that bug me this weekend:

Clutter. Poor memory.  Lack of faith.

Wish me luck!

I will talk to you tomorrow! Hopefully more rested and cheerful!

Happy Friday!

Zita

P.S. My fruit of the spirit today was "peace".  (From Galatians 5:22-23). And inner peace is what I was struggling with.  But blogging about it helps. Prayer helps.  Letting go and letting God.

And listening to K-Love!

Tomorrow's fruit of the spirit is "patience".  As usual, the person I need to be most patient with is myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i