Skip to main content

Year Two, Day 322: Hara Hachi Bu, Nin Jiom Candy and Me!




I am digging this "hara hachi bu" way of life!  I stepped on the scale this morning, and I am down 2 pounds.

Now mind you, this 2 pounds is part of my yo-yo 5 pounds. So it really doesn't count towards my permanent weight loss.

I have been avoiding posting my weight for some time now. Because I have fallen off the wagon so to speak.

But now that my two year blogaversary is approaching, I am ready to jump back on!

Being more conscious of my eating has been a focus for quite some time now. But eating until I am still a bit hungry (or 80% full as the Okinawans do), seems to really keep me on track.

When I reach Year Three, Day1, I will post my weight, measurements and new weight loss and exercise goals.

My allergies seem to be calming down a bit. I need to get another bottle of Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa from the Chinese grocery store. That stuff is liquid gold!

I've been reading more about it online.  I have only read good reviews. It is natural, herbal and tastes quite yummy!  And -  HAPPY DANCE - I just discovered they make "Nin Jiom Candy!" I am going to make a stop at my favorite Chinese grocery store, An Dong Market on SE Powell and 54th.



But if they do not stock the Nin Jiom candy, you can always head to amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Nin-Jiom-Herbal-Candy-Ounce/dp/B00C1YKCPQ/ref=pd_ys_c_rfy_16322461_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00C1YKCPQ&pd_rd_r=810NT0678SG9EYAT6S5Y&pd_rd_w=8aV4b&pd_rd_wg=BHPPo&psc=1&refRID=XTNZ5NJ5EPKAK4EF4QQ7

And speaking of allergies. I just read a disturbing article about how our pillows continue dead dust mites and dust mite poop!  Just like the author of this article, I wash my pillow cases regularly, but it never occurred to me to wash my pillows. That is definitely on my agenda. Perhaps I am allergic to dust mite poop? Regardless, how disturbing to think that is what I am laying my head on every night.

Well, I suppose it would really be disturbing if we were aware of MANY things in life...

But now I know. And it might be one of the keys to reducing my allergy symptoms!


Here is the article:


http://www.kgw.com/mb/ext/news/nation-now/how-to-clean-your-pillows-because-they-are-full-of-dead-bugs/283/nationnow/3eBcY8ffj2YSKIMqCuiWQ0

Today, my fruit of the spirit is "faithfulness". I love this fruit. Even though I do tend to have trust issues, God has proven Himself faithful. Time and time again.

Happy Thursday!
Talk to you tomorrow.

Faithfully,

Zita


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 313: Most Excited Am I!

I almost started today's blog with my standard, "Most tired am I" And I am. So tired. And ready for spring.  But tonight when I got home, my wonderful housemate told me that I had a package waiting for me on the counter.  So I ran in and found the book I had been waiting for: Open Mind, Open Heart , by Thomas Keating. Most excited am I! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, filled my water and was heading downstairs to open my new book - but I had to detour around the cat who had just killed and attempted to eat a spider. Good kitty! :) I ordered this book the day that I was inspired to turn my introversion into a positive. To use it as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with God. To go up to the next level in my spiritual path. Thomas Keating is known as "The leader within the Catholic world in the task of recovering our Christian contemplative heritage" Ewert H. Cousins, General Editor, "World Spirituality, An Encyclopedic Hist