Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 146: Choosing Happiness!

"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" (Psalm 128: 34)

Most excited am I! I am on my way to Cascades Station to have lunch with my daughter and the Baby Burrito!

I am waiting for another nickname to strike me. She is no longer a burrito! She has already outgrown the swaddling of her infancy. She is already 9 pounds and she is one month old today!

I think we are going to try Wow Burger. I am in the mood for a burger. Who am I kidding. I was BORN in the mood for a burger! If you are older, like me, you might recall the cartoon character "Wimpy". He would walk along the street, eating a pile of burgers. His famous line was, "I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today!

I love cheeseburgers.  I have grown accustomed to eating them without the bun. So I will probably do a lettuced wrapped burger today.

But aside from the food, I am really looking forward to spending time with my grandbaby!

I am being careful with my thoughts. I slid WAAAYYY back with the recent mass shooting.  I want to make sure I am still aware, and caring, and acting when necessary. But then I plan on focusing on the positive and living right now.  And praying a lot.

I feel much better today. I got some good sleep last night.

I only had one student yesterday due to a cancellation. So after my student, I went to my home away from home - the library!  Then for a nice bowl of Pho.

It is a glorious day. One more day of this thing called life. I am choosing to be happy and thankful, thanks to God, my family and Joyce Meyer - her book The Mind Connection: How The Thoughts You Choose Affect Your Mood, Behavior and Decisions 
is saving my life!

On that note, I wish you a happy Thursday!

Talk to you tomorrow!




Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…