Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 153: Poofy Face and All



This is a picture of the pizza I ate last night.  At Cascades Station on the way to my daughter and son-in-law's house to visit Baby Grace.  "By Design Pizza". You create your own pizza. Kind of like Subway. I had a gluten free crust. And many veggies.

But I ATE THE WHOLE THING!

Hanging my head in shame am I!

Time to regroup!

I think with all the change in my life recently, I have given myself unspoken permission to overeat again.  I aim to be as transparent as possible in the blog without entering the realm of TMI. 

But I have fallen off the wagon. I have been eating most of my meals in restaurants. I have broken my no food after 7:00 p.m. rule.  I have been eating junk food. 

No more!

Especially after viewing today's hoop video. My face is most poofy!

Granted, it was quite cold and wet outside my daughter and son-in-law's trailer this morning. And Baby Gracie had a most fussy night, waking up to howl like a hungry animal about every hour on the hour!  She was quite charming this morning, which made up for last night.  She has been having more awake, interactive time.













But she still is a feeding fiend!

So my daughter and I both have poofy faces.  And I had to hoop in a very confined space - the awning outside her trailer.

But still!  Part of my goal in daily blogging is personal growth and improvement. One issue is losing weight and getting healthier.

My cough has returned. I am bone tired. My neck and back hurt. And my face is poofy!

Enough is enough - time to get tough! 

Self discipline is something I struggle with. But I always come back to.

So after my evening and morning with my daughter and Baby Gracie, instead of heading out to eat lunch to "reward" myself for surviving a sleepless night, I stopped at Trader Joe's. I had a small cup of their complimentary coffee instead of stopping at Starbucks. And I bought a tub of sliced jicama, a container of yummy egg white salad, and a green banana.  Then I headed to my first students of the afternoon.  Good thing I have decided to rein myself in, because this family is usually two boys, but they are missing the next two weeks due to a conflict with an after school class. That seriously bit a whole in my budget!

I just taught one boy today, and with my extra time, I stopped at Fred Meyer's and got a small container of hummus to dip my jicama sticks in. I sat and ate my lunch and was quite pleased with  myself! 



Now I am at my home away from home - the public library. 

I feel better about myself knowing I have a plan. The plan is stop being so hedonistic! To start packing lunch or at least stopping at Trader Joe's or Fred Meyer's and picking up something wholesome rather than "reward myself" with restaurant dining. That has become one of my daily pleasures. Stopping at one of my regular haunts, and having a meal while I read.

I think I can still continue to live my life, but on a much more reasonable scale. 

Anyway, thank you for listening to rant and rave. At least I am complaining about myself instead of someone else! I have never been fond of gossip, and I try to not indulge if at all possible.

And I do have a bad habit of berating myself. But this I deserve!

And I deserve a better life.  Moderation is the key. I have been working on that my whole life. I tend to be way up and way down. Middle is hard for me. I used to consider middle boring. But in my advancing age, I am learning to appreciate the middle as absence of stress and drama!

And now, looking at the clock, I am going to be a good piano teacher and sign off so I can get to my next student's house on time. Without stopping at the store for a snack! 

On that note, I wish you a happy Thursday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

I intend to behave myself!

Love,

Zita


PS Here is today's hooping video, poofy face and all! It is day 117 of my daily hooping adventure!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i