Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 170: I've Only Just Begun


I went jogging this morning. I did 1/2 of a lap. Then I walked the remainder of the lap.

Dang, I am proud of myself. It felt good to jog-walk in the early morning, unencumbered by a heavy backpack full of music, knitting needles, yarn, lunch, Bible, prayer journal, devotional and gym clothes!

But, I think I am in better shape cardiovascular, in spite of my COPD because of my daily walking with heavy backpack!

I thought about hooping in the field at the track, but the grass was wet. I decided to feel free by just starting my day jog-walking. I got the painful thing out of the way first!

Then I came home and did my daily hoop workout and daily piano practice session.

Today is day 134 of my daily hoop journey.

Still feeling amazingly focused! I'm digging it! My next hurdle to conquer is my memory.

My biggest handicap as a musician is my struggle to memorize. I have super monks sight reading skills. Always have. But my memory sucks.

So daily memorizing is my next project!

By removing distractions, negativity and time wasters from my life, I have made space for many good things!

Speaking of good, today was a very good day. After my piano  practice, I caught the max to my gym for a nice sauna , Jacuzzi and shower. Then I headed over the river to Vancouver, WA to hang out with Baby Gracie while her mom a nd dad played on their volleyball league.

The buses all behaved- I made it from Mall 205 Max station to Fishers Landing transit station in 11 minutes flat! I caught the C-Tran bus shortly after I arrived.

 I did so well, that I had time for a leisurely bacon blue cheeseburger on a gluten free bun at Burgerville and  London Fog at Starbucks before they picked me up.

Gracie and I did much dancing in the halls while her parents played volleyball.

Today was a good day. And I plan on another one tomorrow!!

Happy Sunday!




Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…