Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 292: I Will Survive

Decompression session at Laughing Planet at the end of my day


I had such a good, deep sleep last night. I woke up feeling rested and revived. Perhaps it was my decompression session last night at Laughing Planet.  A glass of hard apple cider, chips, salsa and guacamole, were just the friends I needed. 

I am feeling remarkably calm, centered and balanced.

The days are getting longer and warmer.  I woke up easily this morning.  Got my noodle soup going. Packed my mobile salad. Did my hooping session, cleaned up and headed out to catch the bus. I had a dentist appointment.

Perhaps this feeling is the calm after the storm.

I do not enjoy having my teeth cleaned. Those whirling, high pitched instruments they use send me through the ceiling. Like the sound of fingernails on a chalk board.

AACK!

I thought about stopping at Starbucks first. But decided against it.  I would have Starbucks be my reward.  No sense going into the dentist agitated on caffeine.

I got there early.  I was suddenly very sleepy.

"Good", thought I. "I will just nap during my cleaning".

Ha!

My dentist and assistant were very kind. They kept asking me if I was ok as I flinched and grimaced during the torturous, whirring, squealing, scraping and then tube stuck in my mouth. 

I tried to let my mind wander away from what was happening in my mouth.

To my great amusement, the song, "I Will Survive" was playing on the radio!

I sung along in my head. I almost asked them to turn it up. 

My dentist stopped her whirring instruments just then and asked, "Are you ok?" with much concern in her voice.

"I am fine", I smiled. "I am focusing on the words of that song. 'I will survive!'

We all chuckled.

Soon it was over.

I headed happily over to Starbucks and had a nice hot cup of tea.  I had my bible, prayer journal and a book with me. 

I think it is relief that is making me so happy.

I am relieved that my appointment is over.  I am relieved that I made it on time. I am relieved that I do not have to hurry to go anywhere today. I have students later this afternoon, but after tea, prayer and study, I planned on heading to the library.

One of my favorite places in the world.

I wonder if there are libraries in heaven?

That is my idea of heaven.  An eternity to float on the clouds and read all the books in the world!

As I walked into the closest library, I again had a very calm peaceful feeling. Usually this particular branch of the Multnomah County Library is packed.  A person on each computer terminal.  Kids milling about in the kids section. A class going on in the large room. 

But it is quiet today. And they have rearranged the tables and computers. A much better use of space.

I can breathe.

I have nothing more to say. I think I am just going to end here and go forth and enjoy my day.

I wish you a lovely day!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...