Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 299: Back on Track!


I Feel Like a New Woman!

I woke up feeling like a new woman this morning. I may need to change my name!

The "Little Old Lady on the Bus"
Naw. I like my name. I think I'll just change my haircolor!

I was starting to like my silver hair, but I noticed people starting to treat me like an older woman. Giving up their seats for me on the bus and such.

I am not ready for all that!

Enter the "Light Intense Auburn" by Garnier Olia:


I like that. "Light Intense..." Like me!

I decided since this is my morning off from Baby Gracie duty, and I am feeling energetic, that I should do some laundry. Time to wash the bedding. My allergies have been nearly nonexistent the last week. I think keeping the bedding clean will help keep that at bay.

I applied my hair color, through the bedding in the wash and then, feeling brave, I stepped on the scale. And did a happy dance! I have lost 3 pounds in two days.

Then I took it a step further and took my measurements.

Here are today's stats:

March 8, 2018

Current Mood:  8(On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being depressed, 10 being ecstatic!)

Weight: 187.4
Neck: 13"
Chest: 41
Waist: 36

Hips: 44"
Thighs: 22"
Calves: 15"
Biceps: 12"
Ankles: 8"

The last time I took my stats was in August. August 25th to be exact.  About 10 days before Baby Gracie was born!

August  25, 2017

Current Mood:  6 (On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being depressed, 10 being ecstatic!)

Weight: 179.4
Neck: 13"
Chest: 39"
Waist: 34"

Hips: 41"
Thighs: 21"
Calves: 14"
Biceps: 12.5"
Ankles: 8"

Interesting that I am 8 lbs heavier and a few inches wider, but much happier 6 months later.

It must be the Schnood.  Being a grandma has brought joy back into my life and helped me to reprioritize.

But I am not giving up on the losing weight, getting stronger and healthy pursuit. It will probably be a lifelong pursuit. Even if I do achieve my goal weight and measurements, I will still want to get stronger and healthier.

Until I die! On my tombstone it should read: "Here lies Zita.  Still getting stronger!"

I wonder. When I die, and my spirit rises up to finally see God, will I feel stronger? Or will I just let go of all earthly thoughts and feelings and just bask in eternal Love?

I have so much more life here on earth to live, but it humbles and comforts me to know there will be so much more!

After I blog a bit, I am going to sit down and practice my piano for an hour.  I am making a commitment to daily practice again.

It sure feels good to be back on track!

On that note, I'm going to actually run out and hoop before I practice piano.

I'm back! Here is today's hooping video. Day 258!


Have a wonderful Thursday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...