Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 319: My New Favorite Activity

'Twas a sleepy day today. I got up super early, hooped before the sun rose and hopped on the bus to the Max station. I grabbed a cup of hot green tea at the Gateway Transit Center to keep myself awake.

I had Baby Gracie duty while her mom went to a meeting. Gracie has a little cold. She was also sleepy. After we read books, did some tummy time and I fed her a bottle, she put her head on my shoulder and promptly fell asleep. She was so sweet with her head on my shoulder. But I was tired too. I was thinking a nap sounded good!

So I slowly got up and tiptoe to her crib, slowly and gently laying her down. I covered her with a blanket and slowly tiptoe back to the rocking chair. No sooner had I gotten comfortable, when I heard her yelp. I sighed and picked her up, patted her back and put her over my shoulder. 

So precious to hold a sleeping baby. I decided to cherish the moment.

My daughter came home shortly afterwards with a cheeseburger on a gluten free bun for my lunch. 

She is a little sick too. So we ate at home and chatted. Baby Gracie woke up and wanted to nurse. I asked my daughter if she would mind if I shut my eyes for a bit. She said that was fine. She was done with work and had no plans other than relaxing. 

I closed my eyes and promptly passed out! I woke with a start about an hour later.

My daughter and Baby Gracie were looking at me with amusement. 

I am told I snore.

But that nap was divine. I would like to take more of those!

I headed back to Portland shortly after. I had a good, productive piano practice and now am headed to bed.

It must be a sign of age. My favorite activity is now sleeping. Finally food has been demoted!

On that note, I wish you a lovely evening.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita


P.S. Here is today's hooping video. Day 273!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...