Skip to main content

DAY 100: The Amazing Foot Spa!


I had a healing massage today at the Amazing Foot Spa on SE Foster and 82nd to celebrate reaching 100 days of positive lifestyle changes!
 "Amazing"! :)
http://www.amazingfootspapdx.com/

Wow.

100.

That is such a significant number.

Triple digits!  Almost one third of a year!

I've been noticing big improvements overall especially this past week.

Last night I restated my focus.  I added decreasing caffeine. I also want to start adding more people time.  I have been very me-focused. I needed that. I needed to become my own best friend. And I have drawn closer to God.  But my goal is not perfection. It is a more balanced, happy, productive life. And I can't have that if I don't reach out to others.  As I become healthier, I hope to expand my circle.


Continue These Healthy Habits
  1. Daily exercise: Yoga, walking and/or weight training. Some jogging (when it is not hot) 
  2. Daily prayer and bible study. 
  3. Daily blogging. 
  4. Daily listening to wonderful music.  
  5. Daily piano practice.
  6. Daily focusing on healthy, whole food meals. 
  7. Eating most meals at home. That one is a big one. And it was a recent change. And a difficult one! But I am already feeling so much more energetic!  Last meal of the day at 6:00 p.m. No food after 7:00.  THIS change has been much easier than I could have possibly imagined.
  8. And water. Gallons and gallons of water!
  9. Start expanding my circle. 

Today is also weight and measurements day.  I haven't been extremely goal oriented on the weight loss. I have, through trial and error found an eating and exercise lifestyle that works for me. And I am losing weight, toning and slimming.

I think, deep down I do have an idea of where I would like to be.  But I'm not ready to set a solid goal.  Maybe I just don't want this to end!  Seeing my belly shrink is my current reward. :)

Weight and Measurements 8/16/2015
Weight: 194 lbs
Neck: 14"
Chest: 43"
Waist: 38"
Hips: 45.5"
Biceps: R 14"/L 13.5
Thighs: R 22.5/L 22.5"
Calves: R 16"/L 16"
Ankles: R 9"/L 9"


Compared to last week:

Stats: 08/10/2015 (Day 93)
Weight: 197 lbs.
Neck: 14.5"
Chest: 43"
Waist: 38.5"
Hips: 45.5"
Biceps: R 13.5"/L 13.5"
Thighs: R 23"/L 23"
Calves: R 16"/L 16"
Ankles: R 9"/L 9"


Results: Loss of 3 pounds.  Lost  1/2 inch in my neck. Lost 1/2 inch in my waist. Lost 1/2 inch on each thigh, so I guess that would be 1 inch together on thighs.  I gained an inch on my right bicep. I would think that is weird, but I just got back from carry a heavy grocery bag when I measured myself.

It makes my heart sing to see progress, no matter how small!


I need to note here that my scale is probably not reliable. I have started weighting myself at the "higi" kiosk at Fred Meyer's a couple of times a week.
It usually shows I am 4 to 5 pounds heavier than my scale at home. However, I did weigh myself in early May at Fred Meyer's. And it said I was 213 pounds! This is 10 pounds heavier than I used as a starting weight on May 15th (I showed 203 as my starting weight).   I usually deduct for clothes and food because I rarely make it Fred Meyer's to weight myself in the morning. It is usually when I am there to buy groceries - in the evening.

So 10 pounds minus 4 = 6.  I am going to say that my actual starting weight was 206.  I am now 194. So that means I have lost 12 pounds in 100 days. 

I'll take that! :)


Since this is a big of a landmark day in my journey, I also want to talk about the habits I have discontinued.
 The Old Me Unhealthy Habits:
  1. Reading recipes at night on the internet while snacking on something crunchy and salty (usually popcorn).
  2. Drinking diet coke by the liters.  I'm surprised I still have my teeth!
  3. Junk food. (I really was not too bad about this, but I had moments when the only way I felt to comfort myself was vinegar and salt potato chips, chocolate and a Diet Coke.  I can honestly say, this does not appeal to me now!)
  4. Complaining to a friend or family member about some mountain I've made out of a mole hill. I am learning to just turn to God, keep doing good and trust it will work out.
  5.  Surfing the net mindlessly at night.
  6.  Going to bed past midnight.
  7. Not facing the truth about why I was not living optimally.

I had a nice bowl of Pho with my kids today for lunch. I have some students out on vacation, so I treated myself to a massage at the "Amazing Foot Spa" on SE 82nd and Foster. He advertises one hour foot massages for $20! Oh my goodness, I feel so good! He talked me into a full body massage for $35. Believe me, he didn't have to pull my arm (or foot for that matter). Daniel, the masseur has an amazing healing touch, knowing just where to go deep and what trigger points to work on.

It's going to be another hot week, so I doubt I will make it to the trail. I plan on yoga at home and the gym at least one day, if not more.

Happy Monday! :) 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i